Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Is it possible for me to lose 10 pounds in 3 months?

I am in the age range of 17-20, and height range of 5'2-5'4. I weigh 120 right now. is it possible to lose at least 10 pounds in only 3 months if i just cut back on sweets & soda and exercise at least 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

ABSOLUTELY!!! What you need to do is 2 things. Eat properly and exercise. Let me give you a few facts and tips.

Fact - Your body needs to be active to burn fat! Most people think that going for a 15 minute run on a treadmill is good enough. That is bull! Your body has its own fuel through the fatty foods and carbs that you eat called "Glycogen". The first 20 minutes of jogging or aerobics is using up the stored glycogen and then only after that does your body start burning excess fat!! To have an effective workout you should focus the entire 30 minutes a day on either running, jogging, power walking, elliptical machines,aerobic classes or some form of full active training. The body needs to be in cardio motion. Do you remember when we were kids in elementary school part of P.E. class was doing stuff like jumping jacks and running around the gym. That is why kids have soo much energy is because their bodies are always in energetic motion. Its once we start getting older we stop doing that kind of exercise and the body goes downhill !

FACT - Eating properly is essential to losing weight. We live in a culture of quick and easy processed foods. Stop eating tater tots, french fries, and fast food like mcdonalds and burger king!! There are all kinds of diet plans and they all generally follow the same rules. Stay away from high carb foods like potatoes and rice. Stay away from fatty meats like burger and pork unless they are lean and trimmed of their fat. It is best to eat skinless chicken and fish as they are naturally lean and high in energy. Now i know eating plain meat is not very appealing so don't! Throw whatever spices you want on it! Instead of having fries or mash spuds for a side dish, have veggies. Now another important thing to know is that you don't have to starve yourself through all this but it is important to eat sensibly. The rule is supposed to be 5 MED-SMALL size meals a day with small snacking throughout the day. My trainer would tell me. "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper!" I know its tough to refrain from having stuff like chips and pop and candy bars especially if you are on the run but it is oh so important.

I just lost 16lbs in 4 weeks. I follow these general concepts and i only go to the gym for 1 hour, twice a week.

• 4 years ago

This years best diet plans can be found at DIETPLANSCIENCE.COM cost free.

Does the word "diet and weight loss" immediately make you think of an unpleasant weight-loss regimen? If it did, you are probably not alone. For example, consider the use of the term "diet" in marketing food products—it usually describes foods low in calories, such as diet soda. But there is another meaning of this word. Diet can also refer to the food and drink a person consumes daily and the mental and physical circumstances connected to eating. The Merriam Webster Online Dictionary gives two definitions of nutrition: "the sum of the processes by which an animal or plant takes in and utilizes food" "the act or process of nourishing or being nourished"

While both are correct, the second definition is more inclusive and suggests that food involves many different things, including love, satisfaction, and enjoyment. Nutrition involves more than simply eating a “good” diet—it is about nourishment on every level. It involves relationships with family, friends, nature (the environment), our bodies, our community, and the world. Choices about nourishment are very much linked to other human beings and other life forms on this planet, so healthy (and unhealthy) decisions have great impact. 10 pounds in 3 months.

• 4 years ago

There are three main ways to lose weight quickly.

1) Use only water as liquid and eliminate all other liquid drinks from your diet. You must drink as much water as possible every day. You must drink about half of your weight. If you have weight of 200 pounds then you must drink about 100 oz of water.

2) The interval between the eating is very important. If you eat once, then you must eat next after 4 hours. You must take breakfast regularly. In the night eat your food three hours before going to bed.

3) Walking is very good. You must walk as much as you can. Walk everywhere you can. Use of elevators and escalators must be reduced and instead of these you must climb stairs more often.

These are some of the fastest ways to lose weight. By just following the simple steps, you can lose your weight very quickly. You must consult your doctor if want to change your diet or exercise routine.

https://tinyurl.im/aHOLL

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its possible to lose 10 pounds in one month.

it's actually healthy; think of it as a a rate of two pounds per week.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Sounds like a plan you have doing all the right things.

I think 3 months is a realistic time to give yourself for 10 pounds, you will find you'll lose more during the first few weeks then the weight loss will start to slowly decrease each week which is normal.

Only one true way to find out though lol

Good luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

very possible, There is this diet fatloss4idiots and you can lose 9 pounds in 11 days by calorie shifting, not unhealthey for your body at all

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Go for kettlebell workouts — an average burns 400 calories in 20 a few minutes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

absolutely, but you'd have to cut out the soda completely-even diet soda. Do that, replace a meal a day with a salad and workout-cardio like wlaking or running or dancing. It will be easy, you'll probably lose it in a month or two!

• 3 years ago

When boredom, depression, or maybe stress causes cravings, find a nonfood way to satisfy them such as getting a walk, calling a friend, taking a bath, reading a book, or maybe doing some yoga.

• 1 decade ago

That is a very reasonable goal. You should also look at controlling the portion sizes during meals as well as cutting back on sweets & sodas. 30 minutes of exercise a day is good. With spring soon to be here, that could be in the form of a brisk walk. Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

Healthy weight loss that you can keep off is about 1 pound a week. Yes! you can.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.