Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

I know about MS-13, but what does Mara Salvatrucha translate to?

in english

• Profuy
    Favorite Answer

There are various possible explanations for the name Mara Salvatrucha. Some sources state the gang is named for La Mara, a street in San Salvador, and the Salvatrucha guerrillas who fought in El Salvador's bloody civil war [17]. Additionally, the word mara means gang in Caliche and is taken from marabunta, the name of a fierce type of ant. "Salvatrucha" is a portmanteau of Salvadoran and trucha, a Caliche word for being alert, usually entailing preparedness for crime or abuse from police. Mara Salvatrucha is also commonly translated as Salvadoran Gang.

....

Mara Salvatrucha Meaning

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

in english

Source(s): ms 13 mara salvatrucha translate to: https://tr.im/VQBNh

Mara is the name of a street in El Salvador and Salvatrucha is actually 2 words. Salva means to save or protect and trucha means to be aware. The 13 is commonly reffered to a street in L.A. that goes by the number 13. They sometimes go by the number 18. Salvatrucha was also an army of civilians who fought against the military in El Salvador.

Mara means hood or street and Salvatrucha means a salvadorian rebel fighter or another word for Salvadorian and also they are violent and brutal because salvadorians fled from El Salvador to the US but when they settle in Los Angeles salvadorians were bullied by blacks and mexican gangs so this creating mara salvatrucha and Mara 18

Source(s): I have family in both gangs and im salvadorian to

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axg5G

Not a threat but a DISGRACE get these crazy, lowlife, beaners out of the U.S.A!!! Most are illegal anyway! Yah baby face I don't want any pathetic gang members in my country especially ones that swam the Rio you can leave too. Gangs are for cowards I refuse to be threatened by cowards!

I was thinking to ask this too

Doesn't "trucha" mean "trout"?

• ?

It depends..