Business studies Vs marketing Management?

looking for a little advice here if anyones taken either of these courses (or similar) at uni... i'd originally chosen to do marketing management, however after hearing the talks by the university on the subject i begun thinking that it wasn't me for and that it might be too focused in on marketing... show more looking for a little advice here if anyones taken either of these courses (or similar) at uni...

i'd originally chosen to do marketing management, however after hearing the talks by the university on the subject i begun thinking that it wasn't me for and that it might be too focused in on marketing (although it was called marketing management, there were no managment sudies).

So i've changed it over to business studies, which is more general at first and then allows you to focus in on set subjects, such as marketing - which is what i plan to do.

Was i right in making this decision? i felt that i needed a broader base...