How far do parental rights go?

It never fails to amaze me when people receive multiple TD and a chastising for stating what I would hope is common sense: that you do not have the "right" to feed your 6 month old baby hot dogs, sausages, peanuts, etc, because they are choking hazards and the child can easily DIE. Do people really... show more It never fails to amaze me when people receive multiple TD and a chastising for stating what I would hope is common sense: that you do not have the "right" to feed your 6 month old baby hot dogs, sausages, peanuts, etc, because they are choking hazards and the child can easily DIE.

Do people really believe they can take that risk with a child's life if the child BELONGS to them? It doesn't quite work that way, the law supersedes the parental choice to expose a child to serious danger.

I'd like to read a logical explanation as to why the law should allow a parent full domain over a child's life and never intervene to protect or punish parents who take unnecessary risks...