did mayor daily stuff the Chicago ballot boxes in the "60" election?

Favorite Answer

I was born in Chicago and was there at the time. My mom was a democratic judge of election and supporter of the late mayor. The answer to your question is YES. When it snowed, my mom got our alley free of snow before some major streets were plowed. At election time the city and county offices in Chicago were all but closed. People were out knocking on doors. In one election the people were so tired of the good mayor they said to themselves that only a convicted felon could lose to him. Surprise, surprise, it happened! When you control the other parties nominee, I'd say the boxes are pretty well stuffed. Due to his pull in the Democratic party, the mayor arranged for the convention to occur in Chicago. There were riots and blood in the street. He was the last of the big time mayors. If he were still with us, he could teach Hillary a lesson or two in corruption. I think this answer should resolve this issue. BTW, it was not Daley that started me voting Republican. It was Lyndon B Johnson. Mayor Daley at least knew where his supporters were. One back scratched the other.

It is said that JFK's daddy bought the election and Daily helped that out.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

chas

Ronald: Sounds to me like the Party left you as opposed to you having left the Party.

• TEC

I wouldn't mention that around any Chicago PD or FD,you might end up a mooring post at Navy Pier.

It's Daley not Daily. Hmmm....in a city where the dead can vote and corruption has plagued politics for so long? More than likely yes.

Most likely. Doesn't he have alot of corruption problems? Like alot of politicians in Illinois.

• LDJ

Don't know.