my pc is not able to run PROE wildfire 2.0.Configuration of my pc are:AMD Sempron processor,512RAM nd 1.61GHz.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Hi,

Pro/E is a high end cad package and it requires a relatively high end computer to run smoothly on.

Looking at the spec you posted. I would say you need more memory, 1GB would be a good statring point so you can work with simple parts/assemblies. 2GB would be better for working with larger assemblies, without having to use swap space.

Your processor looks a little slow, but that only means that the software will run a little slower & you will have to wait longer while it regenerates.

One of the most important pieces of hardware for running Pro/E is the graphics card. Professional CAD cards can be expensive, but if you're just using this computer for learning the software, a cheaper alternative would be to be to use a mid range gaming card such as a Nvidia Geforce 8600GT based card.

Officially PTC only support certified computers from companies such as HP, Dell,Sun & IBM. They also certify individual graphics cards, such as Nvidia's Quadro range and Ati's FireGL range.

http://www.ptc.com/partners/hardware/current/suppo...

If you find that the program is crashing because of an incompatible graphics card, you could try using the config option:

graphics win32_gdi

But it will still run slower though.

• 1 decade ago

Make sure you have Windows XP service pack 2 installed. Also make sure you have atleast 1024mb of swap file [Mycomputer->Properties->Advanced->Performance->Advanced click on CHANGE].

Other than that, it should work. According to system requirement page anyway. Upgrading your ram to 1gb would be most helpful too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.