my pc is not able to run PROE wildfire 2.0.Configuration of my pc are:AMD Sempron processor,512RAM nd 1.61GHz.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi,

Pro/E is a high end cad package and it requires a relatively high end computer to run smoothly on.

Looking at the spec you posted. I would say you need more memory, 1GB would be a good statring point so you can work with simple parts/assemblies. 2GB would be better for working with larger assemblies, without having to use swap space.

Your processor looks a little slow, but that only means that the software will run a little slower & you will have to wait longer while it regenerates.

One of the most important pieces of hardware for running Pro/E is the graphics card. Professional CAD cards can be expensive, but if you're just using this computer for learning the software, a cheaper alternative would be to be to use a mid range gaming card such as a Nvidia Geforce 8600GT based card.

Officially PTC only support certified computers from companies such as HP, Dell,Sun & IBM. They also certify individual graphics cards, such as Nvidia's Quadro range and Ati's FireGL range.

http://www.ptc.com/partners/hardware/current/suppo...

If you find that the program is crashing because of an incompatible graphics card, you could try using the config option:

graphics win32_gdi

But it will still run slower though.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Make sure you have Windows XP service pack 2 installed. Also make sure you have atleast 1024mb of swap file [Mycomputer->Properties->Advanced->Performance->Advanced click on CHANGE].

Other than that, it should work. According to system requirement page anyway. Upgrading your ram to 1gb would be most helpful too.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.