Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

the age of chin

please tell me some information of chin .

Update:

I wanted to know more things about the age of Chin [秦代]

Update 2:

I need more information please

2 Answers

Rating
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Qin Dynasty (Chinese: 秦朝; pinyin: Qín Cháo; Wade-Giles: Ch'in Ch'ao) (221 BC - 206 BC) was preceded by the feudal Zhou Dynasty and followed by the Han Dynasty in China. The unification of China in 221 BC under the First Emperor Qin Shi Huangdi (or Shih Hwang-Tih) marked the beginning of Imperial China, a period which lasted until the fall of the Qing Dynasty in 1912. The Qin Dynasty left a legacy of a centralized and bureaucratic state that would be carried onto successive dynasties. At the height of its power, the Qin Dynasty had a population of about 40 million people.

Burning of intellectual books and Confucian Burying (焚書坑儒)

Qin Shi Huangdi had allowed the burning of intellectual books and burying Confucians alive when Li Si (Li Szu), leftside prime minister, had won favor over Chunyu Yue on the matter of commandary-county system, proposed book burning. In 213 BC, on Li Si's urging, Qin Shi Huangdi outlawed all other schools of thought ("Hundred Schools") except for Legalism , and he ordered book burning. 346 Confucians local to Qin capital were buried alive at one time. When Qin Shi Huangdi's elder son, Prince Fusu, encountered the rows of Confucians who were on the way to the burial ground, he went straight to Qin Shi Huangdi pleading for amnesty on behalf of the Confucians. Qin Shi Huangdi rebutted Fusu and further sent his elder son to Shangjun (today's Suide and ancient Suizhou) Commandary on the northern border to be with General Meng Tian. Qin Shi Huangdi then played a trick to have various prefectures send over about 700 more Confucians and scholars. All 700 Confucians were stoned to death in a valley, a place later named "valley of Confucian killing".

維基百科裡的資訊很多,您可看下列網站看看,希望對您有幫助!

Source(s): 維基百科上有很多資訊 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qin_Dynasty
  • 1 decade ago

the age of chin 是清代的意思嗎?是要提供有關清代的英文歷史資料是不是?

Source(s): me
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.