Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsRunning · 1 decade ago

I run an 17-minute mile?

At least I do according to the treadmill at the gym. I didn't think this was off until I heard people talking about running 6min miles and similair. Are you kidding me? I feel like dying after taking 17 minutes to jog a mile! How do you do it?

ha ha ha no i am not walking I am jogging

Favorite Answer

I own a health and nutrition business and have taught fitness. I used to be married to a marathon runner who, at the age of 52, was still averaging a 6 minute mile over 6.2 miles. I, on the other hand, running daily, usually averaged jogging anywhere from a 10 minute mile to a 15 minute mile. A 17 minute mile is a very slow jog. You are probably a little out of shape, and still just starting out. Change to a different treadmill, if you can. Do your mile three days a week, and gradually increase that to two miles and then three. You will find that as you increase your mileage over time, your times will gradually get faster.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I run an 17-minute mile?

Source(s): run 17 minute mile: https://tr.im/kwOgV

A 17 minute mile is dreadfully slow, that is like a slow walking pace. Either you are quite out of shape (and you should know when you are) or the tredmil is off (probably not) My slowest mile was 13 minutes when I was a fat 6th grader, but now I run a 8 minute average mile. Down to 6 hopefully soon. Good luck.

• keeler

16 Minute Mile

17 minutes is slow....sorry.

Work your way up to a faster time. It just takes time.

We just did our AF PT test, this guy did his mile and a half in 9:42 and he didn't get the best time.

The treadmill is not necessarily broken. Running at 4.6 would be somewhere around a 17 min mile.

Don't get discouraged. Hang in there.

I know this might sound cruel but my team and I had this bet that at the end of the season we would try to run a 17min. mile. Over half of us said it couldn't be done, you just proved us wrong!!!

Anyways, we all just work out and make sure that we stay healthy. That's all I do, and I want to do good. You have to want it to do good at it. And remember that treadmills aren't always correct. If you can get to a track to run that would be better, it's just 4 laps around a 400m track.

Source(s): cross country/track runner

im preatty sure the treadmill is wrong. That is almost exaclty walking pace...i think most ppl can walk a mile in 15min. It takes A LOT of hard training and will power to run a fast mile, my fastest time is 5.36 and i feel like i am about to die but you have to keep going. Try running outside, it is better for you.

Source(s): runnerr
    • John6 years agoReport

running on a treadmill is better for you than a dirty polluted city street, just saying :)

• Cass

does your town have a track? drive or run or walk to it, get a stop watch, run 4 laps, and see what the stop watch says when you stop.

thats your REAL mile

treadmills stink. xP

and a mile is 5280 ft. heck if you don't have a track go to a starting point in your car and use your milage thing and drive a mile and see where that ends and running from point A to B.

I am almost positive that treadmill is broken

17 minute mile is like walking

or if the treadmill isn't broken, then you are a bit out of shape

Improve Your Running Technique Now!