Slow Cooker Recipes?

I have just bought a slow cooker today and have found a plethora of recipes on the internet but at am a loss at where to start. Am looking for tried and tested crock pot/slow cooker recipes that you've tried and loved. Healthy recipes would be a plus!

Best Answer

put boneless country ribs in crock--lay on 4-6 red potatoes scrubbed & cut in quarters--drain a can of corn & pour on--slice a good sized onion & lay slices in -- dump a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce over--Cover & cook low 5-6 hr Serve with tossed salad & crusty rolls. its so easy & tasty too!!

Start with the recipes that came with the slow cooker. Than, if you are any kind of cook at all, you can just go from there. I love think up new ones all the time. In fact tonight we had something i did on the fly. had a bunch of pasta left over so I threw a pound of frozen ground beef into the pot, seasoned it with chili seasoning and let it cook. I did stir now and then to break up the meat. About an hour before supper, I added tomato sauce, spicy diced tomatoes and a can of chili beans. When that was hot an hour later, I threw in the left over pasta. Chili Mac. Or as my son in law called it, since the pasta was fettuccine, Chili-chini! I love cooking with slow cooker. Its great when you are gone and its great when you are busy with other things at home.

here is a really good one i made this for a party/get together and everyone loved it,

Apple Granola Desert

4 med apples sliced (you can peel them if you want)

2 cups granola cereal (these are cheep and easy to find --Kellogg makes one, with or with out raisins)

1/4 cup honey

2 tablespoon butter

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

in slow cooker combine everything stir well cook on low 4 - 8 hours until apples are soft to your liking. (if you like a crunch to it you can hold half the cereal and add just before serving) top with whipped cream, vanilla, or Carmel ice cream.

you can also make plain apple sauce in the crock pot

peel and cut up apples (do not fill crock pot more that 3/4 of the way full) add about 1/2 a cup of liquid enough to cover bottom by 1/2 an inch (water or unsweetened apple juice) cook for 4-6 hours on med, mash with potato masher add sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon as desired.

Source(s): hope you enjoy your slow cooker rmw

I'm telling you, this is a super easy make, it is delish and if you make it once, you'll make it again!!! Let me know if you try it, what you think...

:::Chicken Tortilla Soup:::

Yummy Mexican chicken soup that is super easy, just dump the ingredients in the crock pot and let it cook! It is delicious!

2-4 cans chicken stock (depending on desired thickness, personal preference)

2 cans crushed tomatoes

1 can diced tomatoes (can use another can of crushed if you don't like chunks or vice versa)

1 can whole corn kernels

1 can black beans

1 small can green chilies (optional to taste)

1 14-oz can enchilada sauce

1 small onion (diced)

2-3 cloves of garlic (minced)

2 tablespoons fresh cilantro

3 teaspoons cumin

3 teaspoons chili powder

Salt and Pepper to taste

1.5 lb. chicken (cut into pieces and cooked, I use breasts, but any meat will do, sometimes I use leftover meat from a whole chicken and just shred it up... whatever I have on hand really. Sometimes I even make it with beef!)

Optional Garnishes: sour cream, cheddar cheese, avocados and tortilla strips.

I just dump all of this in the slow-cooker and let it go for a few hours, sometimes I need to add a little extra chicken stock, depending on how thick it is...

For a great garnish, you could use store bought tortilla chips, but I like to make my own tortilla strips, and it is super easy! You need: 1 pkg. flour tortillas, and a few tablespoons of veg. oil. Just brush both sides of the tortillas with the veg. oil and cut into thin strips. Place strips on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes, turning them halfway through. They are crispy and delish in the soup!

=] This is a favorite of all my friends and family!

Green Vegetable Chowder

8 leeks cleaned and sliced white part only(save the green parts for a stock)

2 small potatoes peeled and diced

3 cups chicken broth

10 oz of frozen peas thawed

2 tbsp butter

11/2 tsp seasoned salt

1/8 tsp pepper

1/2 cup sour cream

combine everything but the sour cream...cook for 5 hours on low if you wish run 1/3 of the soup through a blender then return to the soup..add sour cream and cook for another 15 mins on high....

Cubed chicken breast cooked in the slow cooker with a simple, creamy sauce mixture. This is so good, and so easy to make on a busy day. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.- healthy with chicken cubes and satisfy any amount of hunger/ craving!

INGREDIENTS

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed

1/8 cup margarine

1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese

1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup

DIRECTIONS

Put chicken, margarine and dressing mix in slow cooker; mix together and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.

Add cream cheese and soup, mix together and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm

My fav. thing i ever made in my slow cooker was Boardwal Roast beef For rost beef sands...

1 2-3 lbs. eye roast

1 jar pepperoncino peppers

1 packet of good seasons itailian salad dressing mix

2 tbsp minced garlic

5 fresh hoagie rolls

1 medium onion thinly sliced

1/2 cup of water

SAVE JUICE FROM PEPPERS AND Separate peppers from pepper juice. put beef and onion in slow cooker add juice from peppers water and garlic...MARINADE this for a few hrs if theres time(turning often)

Cook on low 8-10 hrs

Slice thin save all juice and onions

Slice pepperoncino peppers to use as a topping

Thinly slice your cheese,preferably a Havarti,Jarlesburg, Swiss or Provalone.

Serve on roll w/ spring mix greens thin sliced tomato.

This was easy enough for a very unique taste, Great for a lunch or summer party!

This is a taste you remember!

Beef stew meat or roast

1 large musroom soup

lipton onion soup mix 1 bag

beef broth to cover

cook on low all day.

this is soooo good

Try this one for pork carnitas. Yum Yum.

http://www.raleys.com/apps/recipes/recrslt.jsp