I think that John Peters should resign as President of Northern Illinois University. Does anybody else ?

I think that after the threats in December he should have done more to secure the campus. How was the gunman able to come in a back door where only faculty are supposed to use?

• Stuart
    Best Answer

Perhaps you missed completing the first sentence.

Try it this way: "I think that John Peters should resign as President of Northern Illinois University because [fill in your reasons]"

*** EDIT *** You wrote "... I think that after the threats in December he should have done more to secure the campus. How was the gunman able to come in a back door where only faculty are supposed to use?..."

I fail to see your reasoning for having an administrator resign after an irresponsible employee left a door unlocked. Do you think he would do a better job running the university or being the security guard who makes the rounds shaking door handles? It's unfortunate that a gunman entered a building through an unauthorized door, but it is my understanding that there are a number of doors leading into the building. I think the gunman was - while probably deranged - probably smart enough to try another door if the one he tried first was locked.

I also think that alarmists like you who call for someone's head to roll every time some jerk does something criminal are a huge reason we are unable to move forward in America. Every time we try to make strides, someone is dragging the process down by filing a lawsuit against whomever they perceive as the the one at fault for things not going their way.

You know what? The gunman could just as easily have shot the students at the bowling alley later that night. Would the president of the university be responsible then? Would you be calling for the pinboy to lose his job?

Pffft.

I don't think he should he did close the school, investigate and raise alarms that something may happen. The plan put into action during the event was much more effective than that of VA tech. i live in IL and I know people who were involved and they seem to believe nothing could have been done especially since the shotter no longer attended the school

• Ranto

You are every bit as responsible for the shootings as he is -- so perhaps you should quit your job, too.

• Anna P

Can you give us a hint as to why? Sorry, maybe I missed something.

what anna p said