Don P
Don P asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Are you surprised by Atty. General Mukasey refusing to investigate Bush's cronies (even tho that's his job)?

AP Headline: Mukasey refuses probe of Bush aides

Congress asked the Attorney General to refer the House's contempt citations against two Bush aids (Josh Bolten and Harriet Miers) to a grand jury. Surprise, he refused!

Scooter Libby gets a pardon after betraying a CIA agent on behalf of DIck Cheney.

Bolton and Miers blatently break the law by not responding to legally served suboena's, and the chief law enforcement officer in the nation refuses to investigate.

Are you as glad as I am that Bush's abuse of the law and the Constitution are nearly over? And that he will no longer be able to protect his friends when they commit crimes against the United States, even treason in the case of Dick Cheney and Scooter Libby?

I think the United States and the World will breath a great sigh of relief when George Bush leaves office, regardless of who gets elected to replace him. Don't you?

ADDED: I find it so funny that even though Bush and his administration's criminal activities cost lives, Republicans say, "Don't play the blame game... That's in the past... A waste of Congress' time (to practice their Constitutional duty of oversight)."

But they sure didn't find it a waste of time for Congress to investigate Bill Clinton's B-job that didn't hurt anyone, did they? Could they be more fair?

Correction: I should have said Scooter Libby gets a "virtual" pardon by having his sentence commuted.

Favorite Answer

Not surprised a bit.

I'll say it again: The current administration is the most corrupt and incompetent in the history of the United States.

It is important to keep in mind that had he agreed, the investigation might have concluded before Bush leaves office.

He could then pardon anyone who might be convicted of any wrong doing.

It is best not to go after them until after the Democrats take the election. I think that the guilty parties, unlike Libby, should pay for their crimes.

It does mean that the spectacle of Republicans on trial will not be there during the election process, but I don't think it will be needed.

Scooter Libby had his sentence commuted not pardoned. And who was the CIA "agent" he was supposed to have "outed". Far as I recall the lady was a desk worker at the CIA and was "outed" by her husband.And from what I have seen of this case of Bolton and Miers it was bogus politics from the beginning.When I compared the current administration to the last one I see a hell of a lot more corruption in the Clinton years and would not welcome a return to that time.

Oh and I would dearly like to see your evidence of treason committed by Dick Cheney. Somehow I have not seen any proof of that charge,

I think the American people have had enough of investigations that lead nowhere and waste taxpayer money...strictly for bartisan bickering purposes....

To be honest, I could care less about this crap. We have alot more important issues to be addressed in this nation....

like this one for instance: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,334172,00.html

The Dem congress has the lowest approval rating in history...for a good reason.

And that is one great example of a huge waste of time.... that you just posted.

Thanks!

Source(s): Looking forward to seeing Dems tossed out on their asses next election cycle..... while they "HOPE" for "Change"

He was appointed by Bush so I am not surprised in the least!

This has been the status quo for Bush appointees!

Today our government dose not follow the laws of the land or the constitution . So what is to be done ????

Not surprised at all. Their lack of integrity is the true meaning of anti-American.

perhaps we have a pissing contest between the executive branch and congress. geez what a surprise,the fu*c*king libs wanting to run the show ...........guess what,they (libs) cannot touch him ,since no laws have been breached.I just love it when you people have near epileptic fits.too bad Pres.Bush is not running again .

I am not the LEAST bit surprised they are not cooperating.

Source(s): EDIT: smsmith5--want to know why we don't have evidence of treason against Dick Cheney? Simple. Cheney abused the powers of his office, declaring "executive privilege" (in order to keep the Energy Task Force Commission documents "secret" in the best interests of "national security"). By the way---you're telling me that you have NO problem with Bush commuting Libby's sentence, even though he was actually convicted of PERJURY, MAKING FALSE STATEMENTS TO FEDERAL OFFICIALS AND OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE, not with OUTING a CIA AGENT?

Sadly, no I'm not surprised at all.