Question for Christians...If marijuana were legal, would your opinion of it and those that use it change?

Someone just asked if Christians that smoke pot go to hell and many answered that you cannot be a Christian and smoke pot. So, I am wondering if their opinion would be the same if marijuana was a legal drug or if it were a pharmaceutical drug. Most Christians stay away from cocaine, but have no problem accepting... show more Someone just asked if Christians that smoke pot go to hell and many answered that you cannot be a Christian and smoke pot. So, I am wondering if their opinion would be the same if marijuana was a legal drug or if it were a pharmaceutical drug. Most Christians stay away from cocaine, but have no problem accepting morphine after surgery. They both come from the same plant, but one is legal and one is not. So that makes me wonder what people think about marijuana and its use, especially since there are legitimate medical uses for the drug.
Update: Good answers, but your missing the point of the question which is this...would your opinion of it and those that use it change if it were legal? I am not trying to justify or vilify its use.