Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

I have a french exchange student coming soon. She has allergy to fosacine what is this? Please translate.?

I have a french exchange student coming soon. On the information sheet about her it says she has and allergy to fosacine. (i think but the writing is quite hard to read.) What is focasine?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think you mean "Josacine" which is an antibiotic sold in France.

Here's some information so you know what you're dealing with.

Generic Name: Josamycin

Synonyms: Leucomycin A3; JM; Antibiotic yl-704 A3; Josamicina [inn-spanish]; Josamycine [inn-french]; Josamycinum [inn-latin]; Leuctalk to your pharmomycin V, 3-acetate 4(sup B)-(3-methylbutanoate); Leucomycin V, 3-acetate 4(sup beta)-(3-methylbutanoate); Leucomycin V, 3-acetate 4B-(3-methylbutanoate)

Other Brand Names containing Josamycin: Josacine; Kitasamycin A3; Turimycin A5.

I'm also allergic to a type of antibiotic. I carry a piece of paper in my wallet with that information so if something ever happens to me, they will know I cannot be given that medication.

I suggest you and tell this girl to do that. Also, talk to your pharmacist.

Source(s): L.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

ny's record is right. some greater clever words: Viens voir où tu vas te coucher : Come and notice the place you would be dozing On va prendre le déjeuner/dîner à treize/dix-neuf heures : we are going to be having lunch/dinner at 1pm/7pm un coca : a coke un soda : a fizzy drink un coca easy : a foodstuff ordinary coke

• 1 decade ago

Honestly, I would not take any medical advice here but this may help you. No one here knows! Don't risk someones life!

Please make sure to ask her when she arrives or e-mail the people who sent you the information.

Here are some simple questions to ask to find the correct answer.

Quelles sont vos allergies?

What are your allergies?

Quelles sont ses allergies?

What are her allergies?

Qu'est-ce que c'est focasine?

What is focasine?

Est-ce un antibiotique ou chimique?

Is it an antibiotic or chemical?

Source(s): Josacine (generic name) = Josamycine Propionate (made by Bayer-France),an antibiotic of the macrolide family Josamycine- A macrolide antibiotic from Streptomyces narbonensis. The drug has antimicrobial activity against a wide spectrum of pathogens.
  • Orwell
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You wrote fosacine and then focasine, but I think what the student meant is Josacine because words ending in 'cine or 'mycine' are usually drugs. This one is an antibiotic

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"fosacine" doesn't exist but it could be "josacine" it's an Antibiotic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.