What Is butt-dust?

What, you ask, is "Butt Dust"?

Read on and you'll discover the joy in a child's sincere originality.

No adult is this creative!!

JACK (age 3) was watching his Mom breast-feeding his new baby sister.

After a while he asked: "Mom why have you got two? Is one for hot and one for

cold milk?"

MELANIE (age 5) asked her Granny how old she was. Granny replied she was

so old she didn't remember any more. Melanie said, "If you don't remember you

must look in the back of your panties. Mine say five to six "

STEVEN (age 3) hugged and kissed his Mom good night. "I love you so much

that when you die I'm going to bury you outside my bedroom

window."

BRITTANY (age 4) had an earache and wanted a pain killer. She tried in

vain to take the lid off the bottle. Seeing her frustration, her Mom explained

it was a child-proof cap and she'd have to open it for her. Eyes wide with

wonder, the little girl asked: "How does it know it's me?"

SUSAN (age 4) was drinking juice when she got the hiccups. "Please don't

give me this juice again," she said, "It makes my teeth cough."

DJ (age 4) stepped onto the bathroom scale and asked: "How much do I

cost?"

MARC (age 4) was engrossed in a young

couple that were hugging and kissing in a restaurant. Without taking his

eyes off them, he asked his dad: "Why is he whispering in her mouth?"

CLINTON (age 5) was in his bedroom looking worried. When his Mom asked

what was troubling him, he replied, "I don't know what'll happen with this bed

when I get married. How will my wife fit in?"

JAMES (age 4) was listening to a Bible story. His dad read: "The man named

Lot was warned to take his wife and flee out of the city but his wife looked

back and was turned to salt." Concerned, James asked: "What happened to the

flea?"

TAMMY (age 4) was with her mother when they met an elderly, rather

wrinkled woman her Mom knew. Tammy looked at her for a while and then asked,

"Why doesn't your skin fit your face?"

The Sermon I think this Mom will never forget.... this particular Sunday

sermon...

"Dear Lord," the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a

rapturous look on his upturned face. "Without you, we are but dust..." He

would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was

listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four

year old girl voice, "Mom, what is butt dust?"

• Gladys
    Favorite Answer

Oh my heavens Kayboff, I almost spit my coffee out! Thank you so much for the chuckle. I'm headed into the other room to share with my hubby. But I have to wipe the tears out of my eyes first!

• kriend

I liked all of those. Have you ever read "Chicken Soup for the Grandparent's Soul?" The stories are much the same. My copy has been well thumbed through and passed around.

My kids tell the Grandchildren I'm 29 when they ask my age. Well, in January, our youngest daughter turned 29, so her oldest (age 8) said, "Mommy, how come you and Grandma are the same age but Grandma looks older than you?"

• Cool.....again....u share some many cool things with us!!!!!

*chuckle*

Yes, growing up is a kind of degradation of your creative and innovative self. A child is not accustomed to the social conditioning and brainwash that adults undergo by the time they are 'adults'.

Children look at things with their own eyes and interpret the world way they want and not in a way others want them to....

As Einstein said, "Common sense is the bunch of all prejudices one acquires by age of 18"

and

" Imagination is intelligence having fun!"

That is why I still watch cartoons and read Calvin and Hobbes! I love the simplicity of Calvin's outlook, his humour, his fresh ideas and viewpoints.....

I just love the innocent child in me who doesn't want to grow up and think as adults do....

Sometimes, I just forget whatever I've 'learned' and look at things as if I've never seen or heard them before....

And suddenly this very familier looking world gets converted into a strange and unique place with infinite possiblities.....

*Just an intelligent way of saying that I waste a part of my 'life' in taking imaginative mental flights... :P *

Source(s): Man....I'm still hanging out in the senior citizens section....I'm actually getting old......
  • oldman

That's great, I especially like the 'Butt dust' one. Now here's one for you.

In Sunday School class just prior to Christmas, the 4 and 5 year olds were learning the song, 'Silent night". The teacher, thinking it would help the children better visualize the meaning of the song, asked them all to draw the nativity according what the song said. As they handed in their pictures the teacher would share them with the rest of the class. When one little boy turned in his picture, the teacher was baffled by this one little fat guy standing beside the manger. When she asked him about it, he exclaimed; "Oh, that's Round John Virgin".

• Moe

Art Linletter, would be proud. Out of the mouths of babes.

TOOOO Cute. only they could be so innocent.

Makes you love them even more. Sometimes it's hard to keep a straight face. May the truth be told.

Susie, as always the very best from you. I love what children say theyare so cute and innocent. My son asked me if I knew that a lot of Italians lived in Itay?

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Such fun I've had reading these and giggling and laughing and falling about in my chair. Most of the time in Answers, I'm trying not to get irritated at people's stupidity, quite forgetting that children are smarter than all of us!

LOL !!!! Those were adorable. You gotta love what comes out of a kids perceptive head! Thank you for the laugh.

What a wonderful sparkling moment for me today. Laughing , crying, oh how precious ; thank you for sharing. ♥

• Genie

ha ha ha ha!! Thanks for the laughs!! I expecially liked the one about the pantie size matching one's age and the one about burying his mom outside his bedroom window cause he loved her so much!

Tooo funny!!!