promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 1 decade ago

potty training?

my daughter will be 19mths old this sat and i want to start potty training her, i need stuff that worked and didnt work so i have ideas of what i can try, i have stickers and a potty chart already but dunno if that will fully work

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

With my daughter, she was exhibiting all the signs of being ready before she was 2. I was pregnant, sick and repulsed by anything involving pee or poo. So I researched and found a safe stool with sides for the toilet. http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Child-Corporation-TPS-...

Immediately she climbed right up with no pressure from me and was just tickled she could do it all on her own. This stool made all the difference. Well worth it.

Hope this helps.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The reward system did not work well for us, although she was in pull ups then. When I put her in underwear she was potty trained in one weekend. She didn't mind wetting her pull up but definitely did not like the feeling of wet underwear. I also had her sit on the potty every hour or so and then as she got better pushed the time back a little. She was very proud of herself and her big girl underwear! : ) Good luck!

• Jlynn
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

consistency works. i never used sticker charts or rewards for potty training (i have a 3 y/o) i just waited until she was ready physically and interested mentally and went from there with sitting her every hour or so and then praising her for going on her own.

i don't recommend using pull ups ! i have found it best to just use underwear from day one.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ninteen months is too young to start, because she doesn't exactly know how to talk yet. She's barly a year old, and I think you should wait. When I started potty training my son, he was two and a half. I don't believe you'll be able to train her so young, so try putting it off, or you'll be trying for a rather long time.

Source(s): My best friend's past mistakes.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

My son is almost 3 and a half and is still not trained. He's not interested and-LOL-neither am I!! I figure when he's ready, he'll tell me.

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Good luck, my daughter is 29 mos and she still won't do it.

• 1 decade ago

Please use regular panties for your child and not pullups because they are to much like a diper. and at first take her every 15 to 30 minutes let her look at books.

• 1 decade ago

well wat my mom did with me was she taght me to tell her when i needed to go and when i told her she took me to the toilet.soon i learned how to do it

Source(s): persanol experince
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.