Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Waitress pie recipes???

I'm looking for the recipes to the pies made in the movie Waitress, particularly the one called Strawberry Oasis. I think it's a mixture of strawberries and chocolate. I've found a few of the recipes but they're from Europe and I can't find a lot of the ingredients. Also, the measurements are different from what I'm used to. Thanks!!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A dark and velvety chocolate experience. In the movie, this pie used a chocolate cookie crumb crust which you can certainly also use but in this first testing, I went with a buttery, baked pastry pie crust. This is filled with luscious, dark and silky chocolate filling and topped with a double strawberry filling. It is a sparkling romantic pie of decadence and the fluttery of spring – all in one bite. You can make the elements a day ahead and the assemble a few hours before serving.

1 baked 9 inch pastry pie crust(or chocolate cookie crumb pie shell)

Chocolate Silk Filling

1/4 cup unsalted butter

1 1/2 cup coarsely chopped, semi-sweet chocolate, (5 ounces)

1 package miniature marshmallows

1/3 cup whipping cream

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

(Whipping cream as required)

Fresh Strawberry Filling

2 cups strawberries, slightly crushed

1/3 cup sugar

1/3 cup water

4 tablespoons cornstarch

1/2 teaspoon strawberry or raspberry extract, optional

1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

2 1/2 cups strawberries, diced if large, or halved if small

Garnish

2 cups whipping cream; whipped with 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar

1/3 cup chocolate cookie crumbs

Diced Strawberries

Bake and cool the prepared pie crust. Set aside.

In a small saucepan over lowest heat, slowly melt the chocolate and butter together over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in the marshmallows to melt and then the cream and vanilla. Refrigerate while making strawberry filling.

For the Strawberry Filling, crush or mash the first amount of strawberries. Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk. In a medium saucepan, heat the crushed berries with sugar until they start to get a little liquidy. Cook and then add the cornstarch mixture until lightly bubbling and thickening. Remove from heat and stir in extract and vinegar. Cool 15 minutes and then fold in fresh strawberries. Refrigerate 2 hours.To assemble pie, spoon chocolate filling into pie shell. If the filling is too thick and cold, put it in a food processor and whiz with some whipping cream drizzled in, until it is soft enough to use as filling (but not gloppy). Top with the strawberry filling and then offer with dollops of sweetened whipped cream. Dust top with chocolate crumbs and diced strawberries. Serve at once or chill up to two days.

Serves 6-8

• 4 years ago

Waitress Movie Pie Recipes

• 5 years ago

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://biturl.im/aU8If

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

• 1 decade ago

The only "strawberry oasis" hits I found were from reviews of the movie, but here is a yummy looking strawberry chocolate pie recipe I found :)

Strawberry Chocolate Truffle Pie

This recipe won Sandy Campbell of Venetia first place in the Trax Farms Strawberry Dessert Contest. "This is a great pie," wrote Sandy. "The chocolate makes you think you're eating chocolate-covered strawberries. We love it, and it's easy to make."

6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips

8 ounces cream cheese, cubed

2 tablespoons butter or margarine

1/4 cup powdered sugar plus 2 tablespoons, divided

3 tablespoons Triple Sec or orange juice

Baked 9-inch pie crust

1 1/2 quarts fresh strawberries, hulled

1/4 cup red currant jelly, melted

1/2 cup whipping cream

1/4 teaspoon grated orange rind

Mint leaves and orange rind strips (optional)

Combine chips, cream cheese and butter in top of a double boiler. Place over boiling water. Melt, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and Triple Sec or orange juice. Spread evenly over pie crust; cool.

Place strawberries stem side down over chocolate mixture. Brush berries with melted jelly. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.

Combine whipping cream, and remaining 2 tablespoons powdered sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in grated orange rind. If desired, garnish pie with orange rind strips and mint leaves. Top each serving with dollop of whipped cream.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

This free ebook has 490 award winning recipes, I think I saw what you're looking for in it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.