Ouija Board?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
How many of yall have played with a ouija board? Any scary experiences? Did the spirit stick around? What happened? Im interested, i've been hearing stories about how you should ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
From not only stories but from personal experience I must advise you against using a Ouija Board untill you are more experienced in the Paranormal. And I mean a Ouija Board of any kind. i.e Psychic Circle, or anything home made.
The Ouija board has been used by thousands of people for spirit communication and is very similar to automatic writing, the only difference between the two being the absence of the board itself in automatic writing. Both forms of communication are very dangerous; as are seances, because they are usually uncontrolled forms of communications. In other words, the individuals that use these channels are usually novices and are unaware of the possible dangers that await!

A controlled situation would be where a psychic, medium or clairvoyant is present. This way the medium could sense if any dangers are present and close off the communication before any harm was done.

The Ouija board is just a piece of compressed wood, sold at virtually all toy stores and occult supply and book stores. Ouija is a combination of two words: "oui" and "ja" which mean "yes" in French and German respectively. The board itself is not dangerous but the form of communication that you are attempting often is.

Most often the spirits whom are contacted through the Ouija are those whom reside on "the lower astral plane". These spirits are often very confused and may have died a violent or sudden death; murder, suicide, etc. Therefore, many violent, negative and potentially dangerous conditions are present to those using the board. Often times several spirits will attempt to come through at the same time but the real danger lies when you ask for physical proof of their existence! You might say, "Well, if you're really a spirit, then put out this light or move that object!" What you have just done is simple, you have "opened a doorway" and allowed them to enter into the physical world and future problems can and often do arise.

I would strongly advise against the use of the Ouija, automatic writing or séances. If you don't happen to be lucky or unlucky enough (depends on how you look at it) to contact any ghosts, then if nothing else, you could become emotionally attached or dependent on the board's advice. This can be psychologically adverse on the psyche as you will attempt to get more and more information out of the board and you could actually just be using the board as an avenue to the inside of your own mind without realizing it. In other words, you could be asking questions of the board and then your subconscious mind would be using the planchette to answer your own questions! This often happens to those people who use the board by themselves.

I believe the following cases are true examples of what could happen to those who continue to use the board or become obsessed or possessed!
Ouija Board's Evil Spell Still Lives in Our House

(National Examiner, 31787 by Robert Stamper)

I invited a foul horror into my house with a Ouija board. My brother and I got no results when we started to use the psychic device, but suddenly the message indicator mysteriously began to move. The first thing the board told us was that the message was being sent by Seth. Then I made the tragic mistake of telling the board to prove it was real by doing something supernatural. The results were startling and scary. The board told us that the grandfather of one of my best friends would die in a week. The chandelier in the room began to shake violently and the chimes rang like pieces of metal being smashed together. The room became as cold as ice and we were shivering, though the thermometer read 70 degrees. The horrible stench of death filled the room and we couldn't stop gagging and coughing.

Suddenly, the noises stopped and the room was as quiet as a cemetery in the middle of the night. My brother and I looked at each other in terror. We opened the windows to get rid of the stink or rotting flesh and told each other we'd forget the whole thing. But a week later the grandfather of one of my best friends died just as the board has predicted! And from time to time the chandelier would rattle, the room freeze and that awful smell return. I couldn't take it any more. I threw the board away and told my mother about the experience. She told me that once you tamper with a Ouija board, its evil spell will remain forever. And to this day, those terrifying tremors shake the house and the stench of death fills the room.
Ouija Board Summons Demons

(The Sun, 12986)

A simple Ouija board became a passport to Hell for a family that accidentally summoned a demon into their living room. "I thought it might have been the Devil himself," says John Ravens, father of the tormented family. "When it was over, we were all bleeding and had severe burn marks. Our living room was a disaster area."

"It was supposed to be a joke," says Gloria, the girl's mother. "We were going to make believe we were talking with the spirit world."

Little Lynda, her nine-year-old brother Ronald, and their parents gathered around the board for what they thought was going to be an evening of fun at their home in a Toronto, Canada suburb. "We were just playing around with it when suddenly the planchette that spells out answers began moving by itself," says John. "We were all scared, but then I thought maybe one of the kids was up to tricks. We started asking questions, and this spirit began speaking to us. "Then it asked if it could visit with us. By this time, I was sure someone was playing a joke, and I said yes," he adds.

That's when the nightmare began. "The demon appeared within seconds," says John. "It spun around the room overhead, laughing and cursing at us. "It was surrounded by a ring of fire and the room became so hot, it was like an inferno from Hell." The family describes the demon as red and black with scaly skin and horns. It also had giant bat wings. "Then it suddenly swooped down and attacked us," recalls John, horror flickering over his features. "It started biting each of us on the face and arms. "We tried getting up and running for the door, but every time we did, the creature started clawing us. It was so fast, we couldn't escape from it."

Lynda and brother Ronald were picked up repeatedly and hurled across the room. As they lay helplessly on the floor, the creature pounded on their chests and heads. "It had hooves that dug into my children's faces and skin, marking them badly," says Gloria. The attack lasted for more than an hour before the horrifying demon vanished as quickly as it first appeared. The children were screaming and crying as John pulled them out of the house and drove to a nearby hospital, where they were treated for cuts and burns.
Demons Use Ouija Board As Gateway To Take Over Soul

(The Sun, 22884) by Lewis Clifford.

Terrifying demons freed from other dimensions are preying on helpless human victims. And the gateway used by the grotesque monsters is being kept open by innocent toying with Ouija boards and other tools of the occult, top medical and religious experts caution.

"They are vile creatures of the night," warned Dr. Alberto Gonzalez, of the Pan American Institute of Health. "They exist. They can possess the bodies of their victims and cause normally gentle, nonviolent people to commit outrageous crimes. They can assume other forms some quite ghastly.

"And they are among us in many instances solely because of these sinister toys called Ouija boards." Gonzalez, a psychiatrist and parapsychologist, claims he has found demonic links to several cases of cattle mutilation and human vampirism in Central America.

Says the Rev. Morris Cerullo, president of World Evangelism and author of The Black Side Of Satan, Creation House, Carol Stream, Illinois, 1973. "Many people have related to me weird tales of answers given by the Ouija board. This and other occult games may seem intriguing, but the implications are serious and not to be tampered with. They can lead to dangerous waters indeed.

"Use of a Ouija has even led to violence and even to murder..." Dr. Marta Prohazka of Fairfax, Virginia, is also convinced that spirits can play terrifying destructive games with human behavior. During her practice as psychotherapist and psychoanalyst, she realized that many patients she had considered "hallucinating paranoid schizophrenics" might instead merely be in touch with something invisible to her but visible to them." I came to understand that another plane, or dimension or existence interrelated with our plane or visible manifestation," she said. "By training and expanding consciousness, some individuals gain entrance into that invisible dimension. It seems to some like a window into heaven.

"I also learned that contact with the other dimension can be dangerous, especially if a psychically sensitive person loses his emotional harmony. The window into heaven can then become a window into Hell."

Millions of the plastic oracles are in use in American households, nevertheless. And the eerie messages from beyond they have spelled out have been credited or blamed for marriages, divorces, sickness, misery, mystery or murder. Psychic and medium Anne Rose told the Sun: "Horrible demons have definitely been released by the Ouija board.

"The Ouija board is a vehicle which makes it easy for negative spirits and demonic forces to enter this plane of existence." The Merrillville, Indiana clairvoyant cautioned that evil spirits or demonic forces often gain the trust of people experimenting with Ouija boards by answering several questions truthfully and providing predictions. "Once they h

Source:

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
Thank You for such a detailed answer, i was never gonna try it i was just curious! also those are really good websites, once again thanks! ♥
  • 2
  • Comment

Other Answers (28)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Dam God Didnt say Lifes rated R™ answered 6 years ago
    Pay Attention, Ive seen them work, but its very rare.. i wanna use a old spooky one! ^.^
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Marvellous Maiden answered 6 years ago
    ,Not one thing has ever come true that was spelled out for me,but years ago when my mom,me and our friend used it , and it spelled out ",caution sugar now",and a few months later my mom was diagnosed as diabetic
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Rachelle_of_Shangri_La answered 6 years ago
    Here is my personal experience with an Ouija Board:
    When I asked the spirit what are the names of my future boyfriends, it only revealed the letter "M." All my three ex-boyfriends were named Marcus, Matthew and Mark. I felt like I was cursed since all three relationships went down the drain. My last relationship lasted for 4 years and I thought we would make it and break the curse.

I'm usually not a believer in superstitions and Ouija Boards, however, this incident has been giving me the creeps for years. Now I refuse to associate with people (especially guys) whose names start with the letter “M”. Paranoid? Perhaps. Think it was all a coincident? You be the judge.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • petrof_skinsky answered 6 years ago
    If you ask this in the Yahoo! Answers category:

Science & Mathematics > Alternative > Paranormal Phenomena

You will probably get a lot of good answers.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Soo answered 6 years ago
    I use to play when I was younger and it never worked unless I purposely moved it myself which I am guilty of. Lol!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • doomonyou! answered 6 years ago
    Yes. It's true. I was told as a child not to play with them. My mother was Hawaiian, and she believed in spirits. She was also probably a teenager when The Exorcist came out, so that probably accounted for her fear of it.
    After her death, I made a ouiji board and played with my dad. It was to contact her. He freaked out. It was a glass cup on top of a piece of paper, and the cup started to move. Neither of us moved it. I asked it questions and it was working. We stopped early because it was making him edgy.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • David answered 6 years ago
    Don't mess with it. When I was in high school me and a group of friends went to a graveyard and messed with one. While we were asking it to show itself my friends car radio started blaring -his keys were in his pocket. Instead of stopping there we kept going. We asked If he can show himself again ...no answer...We then asked if he was behind (we asked the names of my friends) when we got to this girl sitting next to me we asked if he was behind her- all of a sudden everybody hair started blowing like if there was a strong wind (even though there was no wind) except for hers. We took off and went back to my place. While I went on a beer run my friends said they tried it again and the same name showed up! After that I burnt it...
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Zac answered 6 years ago
    using the quija board is a tool that wakes up souls, and when that happends, your not letting them rest in peace, which angers them. so just dont talk smack about it while playing. if you do, theres a possibility that you'll be haunted or maybe even possessed.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • ani answered 6 years ago
    don't mess.

trouble.
    esp if you do it yourself.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Ginger R answered 6 years ago
    My parents had one when I was a kid. They used to pull it out when they had parties. But I don't think anyone who used it really believed it worked, or was serious when they played with it. Nothing ever happened.

Any object can act as a magnet for spirits, if the people using it really believe in what they're doing. I wouldn't mess with a ouija board or any other medium for conjuring spirits. Too dangerous.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Cassie answered 6 years ago
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija

here is a link that tells the history of the Ouija board. They are real, and I have had a frightnening experience with one. it was the first and last time that I ever used one. I was with a bunch of my friends. we were playing around having fun when a dark feeling came over us and the candles started flickering. there was no breeze or wind or anything that could have caused them to flicker like that. We saw a shadow outside, it was dark. and there was no person there. than my entire body went numb except for the part of my finger touching the planchette. the little part that moves. I couldn't move for about 30 seconds, and than everything went back to normal. don't mess with them, even if they look harmless.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Ess row answered 6 years ago
    Well, at my 13th birthday party all my friends and i decided to play the ouija board.
    I had gotten a total of 50 dollars from my friends who gave me money for my birthday, and as the night progressed, it went missing.
    We turned to the ouija board, and asked, "Who took Stephanie's 50 dollars?" Everyone had put their fingers verrrrryy lightly on the board so there was no possibility that someone had purposely moved it, and no one had seen where the money had gone.
    It took about 3 minutes, but the ouija board slowly spelled out, "Emily" the name of one of the girls at my party.
    It turns out she DID take the money as a joke to see if anyone would notice. And to this day no one knows how the ouija board knew exactly who took the money, or how it works, for that matter. But if you are playing with the board you ALWAYS have to say goodbye to it, or the spirit will follow you and bring you bad luck wherever you go.
    Another game that has to do with spirits is "Bloody Mary". I did that with my friends in the bathroom, and the lights flickered, it was SO cool!!
    But I hope this helped.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sue L answered 6 years ago
    My sister played with a ouija board when she was at a party years ago. She claims that whenever it was her turn & she'd ask a ?, it wouldn't answer her. Then after a few turns, the ouija board finally responded. She said it spelled out the words "F#@king Christian"..flipped her out so much she left the party! My family r Christian, & she said no one at the party knew that.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Takeah answered 6 years ago
    I tell the truth and I had an experience (explained in a similar question) with it that scared me so I will not "play" with it again. I will also not allow my children to "play" with it either.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Ciel answered 6 years ago
    When I was young, my friend Anne had a Ouija board... we got it out one night and lite candles, there were 5 of us... Anne and I put our hands on the board and asked the Ouija board a question, "Is there anybody there?" I felt a cold chill go down my spine and although we were inside and there were no windows/vents or fans, the candles flickered and went out... No I'm just kidding... my friends and I messed around with Ouija boards when we were kids but nothing happened... as far as I can tell it is indeed always someone messing around. However, I do believe that if you want to believe in something, you can have "strange" things happen. Have fun!!!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • i.WoNt.SaY.iT. answered 6 years ago
    This is the second question i have heard about this and NO ouija boards are not some horrific thing. they are designed and influenced to connect with energy on different levels. there are two places that your answers come from.when you ask a question who do you adress it to? a spirit or the board itself? the board will simply answer your question if it chooses. a spirit however can get angry at being disturbed or frustrated if say the lights flicker form them collecting energy to answer and you scream and run away or panic? they generally go off atmosphere and emotion, so if you fill a room with panic they leave, it's unpleasant to be surrounded by uncomfortable emotion. if you are inconsiderate or impolite you will probably get backlash.

of course dont play wth it! its not a toy and its disrespectful. if you are curious about something you may always ask the question. but only ask it once or twice. repeating the same thing gets boring and mildly irritating. spirits must be treated as the unstable entities that they are. they do not always understand that you are a physical being or even understand you're lanuage. they often have attributes that a psycologist would consider bipolar and irrational. some spirits are not too harshly ripped from life and they remain intact and quite forgiving and able to think clearly, others are somwhat damaged and it's like watching a crazy person walking around gibbering or someone with amnesia walk around in a daze. such spirits are not predicable. cotacting a murder victim for instance too soon after their death can be dangerous because they can be angry or feel wronged and through a ouija board they can harm you. remember that is like using the internet. everything can hear your question. and sometimes more impish spirits play tricks. ouija boards are not lower level instruments. they are tapped into all levels and styles of the supernatural and should not be used without instruction. if used incorecctly they can have ten times the damage of any gun.

also remember that plenty of people sell fakes and replica's that have not been tied in any way shape or form to energy and elements as real ouija boards are.if you get one get it from a real believer and have them teach you how o use it and have them with you on your first try. there are procedures and rules to be followed. and like all rules, when broken bad things can happen.

there are also different levels of ouija board. some are stronger than others, traditionally a beginner was given a more passive one not designed or asked to do anything major. little questions and curiosity are okay for the lower energy boards. but the higher power ones are not to be tampered with. i was always told that "they take their job seriosuly". it makes sense really. some people can handle being teachers. others can't stand stupid questions. something that comes into contact with that many different personalities is bound to have some form of opinion. thats also suppossed to be what alows them to make the decision of what questions to answer and which to let alone.
    if you are thinking of trying one feel free to talk to me. I have used them before and taught how and no one on my watch has ever been harmed. havign a strong will helps. most anything will respect being a strong person.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • TellMeWhenYoureReadyToRoll answered 6 years ago
    I used to love all things Paranormal, but the truth is I lost my belief. The guy below is right lol. It's usually someone doing it on purpose (Moving the glass) jack-assing around. It's kinda cool and can really spook you out. You may feel slightly scared and hallucinate whatever you expect from it. Although it is merely psychological. There are rumours that are made. My Mum and Dad tell me some about people they knew that it drove insane, probably white lies cause they never wanted me doing them. But still be careful and don't be lead on by anything.

Happy 'Ouija-ing'. x]
    • 1
    • Comment
  • John answered 6 years ago
    I've tried several and NADA. Not a thing! It was rather disappointing, but I know of some really scary stories that people have told me about them. My aunt, who was over 40 at the time, used a Ouija board and decided to ask it a trick question. She asked it if she would have any more kids (knowing she'd already had menopause) and it said "yes". She laughed and said nonsense I cant have any more kids and it said "you wont give birth to this child, but you will raise it". Not even a year later her son got his g/f prego and after the baby was born they both ended up in jail leaving my aunt to raise the baby for 18 years!!

Note: this wasn't a ouija board made by Milton Bradley. It was authentic and passed down through her friends family, an old one too.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • barb walterz answered 6 years ago
    my friend and i did it alone in his house once. we were just sitting there asking it a questiona and it started slowly moving. but then my friend go up because he got scared. lol. i havent played it since.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • MIKE answered 6 years ago
    dont ever mess wit a ouija board my friend's mom did and the ghost went up to her and the ghost stuck around in her house and now every time i go over there is o.d spooky things happening
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Miss Texas answered 6 years ago
    Didn't you ask this question yesterday? Ok again, think about it... it's a game that is sold in stores such as Wal Mart! Do you really think it would be real?? Come on!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • noreen a answered 6 years ago
    Lol. Think logically. An Ouija Board from Toys R Us by the company Mattel having the power to contact spirits. It's all a lie.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • FashionFriend answered 6 years ago
    i have one, its fake..
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ~leaving traces~ answered 6 years ago
    Why would a spirit need a game produced by Milton & Bradley to speak to a human? You're better off going to a haunted hotel, and waiting for some action there.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • DoTheyOweUsALiving answered 6 years ago
    Die.

There are no spirits. Everyone who touches the ..thing subconsciously moves it with their fingers.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • ♥S.Shadows♥ answered 6 years ago
    well, does it count if my older cousin and i made one outta paper and then scared the crap outta my younger cousin?
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Brooke Eagen answered 6 years ago
    My mom does not allow me to play with them. My friend tried to bring back Marylyn Monroe, she made a candle blow out. it spelled I was a movie star. If u play with them, it means u have no friends and no life! LOSERS! :)
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • thetruth37215 answered 6 years ago
    its not real someone in the group is jack assing around
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock