Are Illegal immigrants stealing our jobs ??? ***Please read***?

This economic argument is used by many people who have never even taken an economics course in their lives. Consider the following example. The manager of Coronaries R Us decides that he can no longer afford to pay $10 per hour to all of his twenty employees, who are American citizens, so he lets ten of them go. In walk ten illegal immigrants. They request a job. The manager offers them a job at $5 per hour. They accept. Yes, this is illegal, but did the illegal immigrants just take ten jobs from American citizens, or did they create them? The illegal immigrants would now spend most of their meager earnings within this Country. According to the multiplier effect of economics, these illegal immigrants, regardless of whether they pay any taxes at all, would pump on the order of ten times what they actually spend into our economy. This spending would tend to stimulate growth by increasing demand for businesses' products and services.

***Please this is only my opinion Not rude answers***

And consider what happens with H-1B visas. Using the H-1B visas, employers hire foreign employees rather than American citizens. They do this so that they can get away with paying the employees less money and so that they do not have to worry about doing anything productive, such as helping poor people, women, and minorities to prepare for such technical jobs. And this is all legal. It is not people from south of the border who are stealing our high paid computer programming and engineering jobs; it's people who live on the other side of the world who are doing this.

• Bambi
    Favorite Answer

It's the shady businesses who would rather pay less for Illegal Mexican slave labor, bypassing US employment laws and Internal Revenue Service reporting so more profits go into the hands of the greedy employers.

However, it isn't always the safest way to do business. Coronaries R Us MAY deal in some sort of major heart health related field. This being said, I would rather TRUST my heart to someone who is 100% LITERATE in English, seeing as how that's the language they might actually need to manufacture, install, or operate, equipment correctly.

An illegal who gets hurt on the job is merely dismissed and replaced with another. They are valueless in terms of their skill level. An employer can hire another one off the street easily. Illegals who work cheap are in large supply and NOT respected.

I think that we have an illegal employer problem not a illegal employee problem. Corporations are putting profit before people but then again corporations are not people and do not have the same morals as people. The illegals are coming here because Americans hire them and give them the motivation to come here in the number that they do. Americans will do those jobs if you have seen Dirty Jobs on the Discovery channel. We did those jobs in the 50s 60s and 70s and farmers did just fine but today the stores strip the profit from the farmers so some have no choice but to hire illegals. I worked for a import furniture company that supplies JC Penny and knowingly hires illegals and even gave money to another illegal worker to send to a smuggler to get another employee back from seeing their family back home. Most of the people I worked with lived with 4-8 other people in one apartment and were only there for 3-5 years to send money home then go back to their wifes. One day I got mad because of the verbal abuse that the Asian owners put on these illegals so I quit and reported them but nothing is done. It is not always about money my friend.

I have a bit of a different take on your question. My husband works overseas, and the reason he can do this is the substandard quality of work, training, work ethic, problem solving etc. In your example, the most likely thing to happen is this. Due to poor workmanship, poor upkeep of equipment, lack of reporting problems with equipment, none productive time due to lack of education, the employer goes out of business. Now everyone has lost out.

I think you have some really valid arguments. I personally am not necessarily against illegal immigrants. Often they are doing jobs I wouldn't want to do. It is important to remember that generally you get what you pay for. The person working for $5/hr often is not capable of doing anything worth more than that.

Source(s): Lived overseas for years, know how this can happen so easily.

The manager is commiting a crime by hiring those workers. It is not legal. They are not eligible to be here so how could they possibly be eligible to work here? Yes, the employer may be saving himself some money and getting his work done in the process, but he is doing it illegally, so how can that possibly be justified? Two wrongs do not make a right. The illegal workers should be prosecuted and deported and the manager should be procsecuted. They are all commiting crimes and that should not be tolerated under any circumstances.

The job goes to the better worker. I'd myself rather hire an illegal immigrant, because 1) they are scared to be deported and 2) i would trust illegals more than Americans. They won't lie and really, they are not safe here. So Americans should support amnesty so that ex-illegals could get better jobs and Americans could get they're old jobs that illegals do, such as construction, house cleaning and landscaping

I'm tired of the argument that Americans won't do the jobs that the illegals take. My son and his friends haven't been able to find summer work for the last few years. My mother-in-law would like to get a simple little job to keep her busy, but she can't get hired either.

I agree with iamct01. We have a illegal employer problem. Mexicans come here knowing they can get a job. If the employers would stop hiring illegals, then eventually they will not want to come here knowing they can't get a job. Employers are our problem starters

im glad u've taken econ classes... most people havent and then decide to "inform" the rest on economic consequences and policies.

i agree with what you're saying and i liked the fact that you're using their kind of thinking to prove your point. frankly, it would be impossible for someone to live off of 5$ an hour ( in San Diego at least) so the pay would have to be more than that, and less 10$. Employers usually stick to minimum wage so that they can report these wages (with fake SSN) otherwise everything would be under the table and very risky. So there you go, EVEN MORE money would go into the economy lol..... i think at this specific point Americans should not be chasing away consumers! lol

Source(s): congratulations on having a brain!- I MEAN THIS :D oh and ANON IN IDAHO...UHMMM of course it doesnt go down its adding!!!! lol...and NOTICE how the years of those tallies conviniently change!.....even better... try dividing (OVER TEN YEARS) of that information by the 7 trillion dollar economy we have...uhmmm IT DOESNT MAKE MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE DOES IT?!!! LOL!!!... there crisis over, you can stop being scared mindbend... i was too bored to read u're full response but from the little i read...PEOPLE WHO MAKE 10$ AND HOUR DO NOT OWN HOUSES! THEY ARE NOT MIDDLE CLASS!!!......................... ok i read a little bit more, its lazed with racism...20-30 per home?!! we are giving actual data THAT MAKES SENCE, dont be dramatic!....anyone can write anything they want (including stupid things), it doesnt make them smart and it doesnt mean it will be published... congratulations on keeping a journal embedded with racism.
  • TLB

Some say there are jobs Americans won't do. But that demeans Americans who work hard in every occupation. Any honest job is a worthy job.

Yes they steal our jobs. For a scary website to see how much illegals cost the US taxpayers and the numbers of jobs lost please check this link below. It's live data. Notice that the numbers are always rising, not falling down.

http://www.immigrationcounters.com/