A few years ago I deleted very old credit accounts on our credit report. Is there a way to add them back?

Now I'm wondering if those old closed credit accounts would have brought our credit scores up higher. Do you know if I can add them back on? I know I should contact the Credit Bureaus to see. But this is easier than making phone calls to them!!!! Thanks.

5 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

    no, sorry

    once they are removed they cannot be put back on there....

    FYI....never delete old accounts (let them fall off on their own)

  • 1 decade ago

    Don't mess with old, closed credit accounts. It's not going to help your credit score.

    Keep paying your CURRENT credit cards on time and keep doing what you're doing. Credit scores take a long time to build, and adding on more isn't going to make a huge difference other than the fact that it may actually lower your score.

  • weik
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

    do not respond to the letter. The economic employer that had the unique motor vehicle loan has already charged it off on their company taxes. series agencies regularly purchase those value-offs for pennies on the dollar and then attempt to assemble. They be certain customers do not recognize any extra useful and they could pay. in reality, in case you do opt for to pay the series employer, your credt will be damage because the account turns into present day and instruct it really is overdue. To make concerns worse, the series employer would nicely be thoroughly bogus and not in any respect record the bill as being paid besides. so that you've given them loose money. useful scam, huh? I had a mastercard even as in college (about 15 years in the past), that went into series. i ultimately settled with the series employer and the account has provided that dropped off my credit record (it takes about 7 years). at present I easily have gained letters from yet another series employer about this similar account. they're inquiring for area of the unique stability. i'm not responding. you shouldn't both yet do check out your credit record and make confident the hot employer isn't showing up.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Its easier if you didnt delete them.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    No, there is not a way to hand them back.

    When you disputed them, they agreed with you...you can't "undispute" an item.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.