Is there a way to find out how much is owed on a house before it's foreclosed?

I know a house will be foreclosing next month, and I was told that if I make an offer that is less than what is still owed by the current owners, that I'd be "spinning my wheels." Is that info public or is there an easy way of finding the information? I know they had it for a year, bought it for... show more I know a house will be foreclosing next month, and I was told that if I make an offer that is less than what is still owed by the current owners, that I'd be "spinning my wheels." Is that info public or is there an easy way of finding the information? I know they had it for a year, bought it for 132000 and it's been on the market for about 10 months. I would like to bid 105000 (110 tops) but its on the market at 135000 right now. Should I just wait til auction and not hassle with it until then (even though we really want the house)?