"deals in absolutes"?

What do you think? I know it's just a movie but anyways... in Revenge of the Sith, Obi-Wan says "only a Sith deals in absolutes." That has caused a lot of confusion because of the irony and self-contradiction involved. But the way I see it, given a certain (and in my opinion the correct)... show more What do you think? I know it's just a movie but anyways... in Revenge of the Sith, Obi-Wan says "only a Sith deals in absolutes." That has caused a lot of confusion because of the irony and self-contradiction involved.

But the way I see it, given a certain (and in my opinion the correct) interpretation, to "deal" means to bargain, negotiate, compromise, spoil, sell out, and barter.

When it comes to moral code and conduct, these things are bad and inherently evil, which is what the Sith represent--- evil.

Looking at the scene in this particular way, there's actually no contradiction taking place whatsoever when Ewen's character speaks that line.

Only a Sith "deals" in absolutes...

...a Jedi accepts them.

Would it be fair to think this way? Or would it still not provide any logical relief?
Update: haha, auntb93 and HAND, this was strictly just for the sake of the movie. Lol, I'm not trying to make it anything more than that. This question is just to be answered given the context of the movie. =]
Update 2: Also, the reason I am pointing out and inserting a specific definition of the word "deal" is to show that if you do believe it means to enforce absolutes, the line in the movie doesn't work. So yes, if you believe that it doesn't mean to bargain, my take of the scene wouldn't work which... show more Also, the reason I am pointing out and inserting a specific definition of the word "deal" is to show that if you do believe it means to enforce absolutes, the line in the movie doesn't work. So yes, if you believe that it doesn't mean to bargain, my take of the scene wouldn't work which affirms your interpretation. Which is, again, why I was trying to introduce one of the alternative definitions of "deal."