Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

fever in 10 month old?

My daughter keeps getting fevers of 104 degrees. I have taken her to the emergency room but they just treated the fever and not what is causing it. There are no other symptoms but she keeps getting these fevers for the past week. I have a doctors appointment today but I was curious what everyone thinks it could be. I did notice hives on her the week before and they had nothing to do with any food she ate.

Favorite Answer

This kept happening to my friends daughter...

She seemed perfectly fine and then all of a sudden she'd spike a fever...

She went to the peditrician and they said it was Roseola

http://www.medicinenet.com/roseola/article.htm

*******

What is roseola?

Roseola is a mild viral illness of sudden onset and short duration that most commonly affects young children. Roseola is most common in children 6 to 24 months of age. The average age is around 9 months. Less frequently, older children, teens, and adults may be infected.

What are the first signs and symptoms of roseola?

The signs and symptoms of HHV-6 (or HHV-7) infection vary depending upon the age of the patient. Infants and toddlers routinely will develop sudden symptoms with a sudden high fever that lasts for three to five days, irritability, bulging "soft spot" on the head (fontanel), swollen glands in the front or back of the neck, runny nose, puffy eyelids (due to swelling with fluid), and mild diarrhea. Within 12-24 hours of the fever breaking, a rash rapidly appears. Older children who develop HHV-6 (or HHV-7) infection are more likely to have an illness characterized by several days of high fever and possibly a runny nose and/or diarrhea. Older children less commonly develop a rash as the fever abates.

Source(s): Luke's Mommy

my baby had high fever and whilst giving her paracetamol i noticed white tonsillitis spots on her tonsils, she is now being treated for. sometimes its not immediately obvious what the problem is but there must be a reason behind a fever its just a case of searching a bit i think, it was just luck that i noticed her sore throat, have a look to rule it out maybe?

Hopefully it's just something simple like teething . . . .All 3 of my little ones would get high fever during that time with no other signs of ANYTHING!!! Besides maybe slight diarea, but other than that they were fine!! Try lukewarm baths, cool pedialite, (my lil ones liked popsicles!) and maybe a cool wet rag to wipe her down with, and Tylenol, that should help break the fever. If it persists, don't hesitate to take her to hospital!!!

Best of luck to your lil' one!!!

They should be able to do blood work to find the origin of the infection. the hives could be a reaction to any meds she is taking. my son had the same reaction to pinicillian. I'd talk to the doctor.

• That is way too high for a baby.....could be ear infection, throat or virus. Make sure doc does blood tests to say exactly what's wrong! Don't take no for an answer..........

could be an ear ache

But be persistent with the pediatrician till they find a solution