Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

Can we STOP blaming Republicans @ Democrats for our problems!!?

Can we somehow as a "people" stop the finger pointing at ourselves ? Can we begin to point our finger "collectively" where it belongs? At our senators and congressmen and others that do not do the will of the people?

Favorite Answer

We have become a nation of sheep. Congress works for us - they get by with what we allow them too. Citizens in a Democracy/Republic must fully participate in their 'governance' or they end up 'with the government they deserve'.We sit back and grumble and do little else. Or maybe hit a Blog.

Our Government is 'of the people, by the people, for the people' - no other entity in even vaguely referenced. We have surrendered the 'peoples' voice to Corporate & Special Interests and they are doing the talking. In governement 'money = speech & access' because we let it.

Look how easy we surrendered many, many freedoms in the 'Patriot Act' as a result of 3,000 deaths and the loss of 2 buildings. Many, many lives had been willingly given up during the past to EARN & defend those freedoms - we surrendered them when the '1st' shots were fired. I tend to agree with the following quotes;

George Washington:

As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality

Robert M. Hutchins:

The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment

Democracy is a participatory sport - play with no heart and you lose.

In many ways the answer is NO. We have defined the issues of our times in terms of Republican and Democrat. Because of this the proposed solutions are always catagorized as rep or dem and are usually not compatable. It gets sillier because our 24 hour news media needs controversy to fuel viewership and thus anytime a Democrat makes a statement, wise or not, the media casts about for the polar opposite statement from a Republican, or vise versa. It forces people to choose sides and diverts from a solutions based discussion. We might break the cycle if we "collectively" lose interest and thus collapse the entire news industry such that we might start over but that is unwise and unlikely. Our best hope is for a significant group of sitting Congressmen and Senators to form a third party representing the middle. Only then can the discussion include the compromise possition as well as the polar opposites. You might start with the "gang of 14" as a base.

I always thought democrats and republicans were different in thinking but it turns out both share some same qualities. Here are some stereotypes ,Democrats are anti war ,Republican only care about the rich. I know right now there a big fight between the republicans and democrats to see who gets in office. What I was amazed at was Bill Clinton is very good friends with Bush senior .So basically what I can see is Bill Clinton is probably secretly a Republican deep down inside. I could be wrong ,but I am starting to think it doesn't matter which party a person votes for. What doesn't make sense is when some Democrats say they are against the war when in the beggining Obama which I think is the best candidate for President told people when the Iraq war started he approved of it,then he later says he against it.I was told by a friend that Obama said he can't fix are countrys debt ,which is an honest answer ,I was told by another friend that Hillary said she was going to fix the country debt problem,where is she going to come up with the hundreds of billions or even trillions of dollars that we don't have. Your right no one should be blame anyone cause of there party they chose whether its democrat or republican. I guess you could say its the politicians not all but some who spend are money like its going out of style.This is just my opinion.

• Bryan

It would be nice if we could, but it is not going to happen. There are plenty of people who recognize where the real problems lie in Washington, but the extreme partisans among us are like the proverbial "squeaky wheel". Their voices are heard and reported on much more than the same rationality of those who say both sides are too blame. As long as we maintain an us against them mentality, rather than "We The People", nothing is ever going to change.

I am blaming the Republicans for being liars, and making failed policies for Americans. This is the worst runned administration that I can remember.

I can't wait until I don't have to hear old doppy George...he is an idiot.

i think of many DID admit that...for that reason the election of lots of Tea occasion representatives in the final election. The liberals have worked very perplexing making demons out of people who consider the easy subject concerns raised via the Tea occasion. Sheeple who do no longer probable care to make the attempt or attempt to evaluation what is going on in basic terms pass alongside with their lib leaders...amazing off the sting of that cliff. Who led the "concern of failing" fee in Congress in basic terms this summer season...our united states replaced into going to pass broke if the recent spending bill, finished with lots greater out of control spending, replaced into no longer exceeded amazing away? It replaced into Reid, Pelosi, and the dems/libs! Who replaced into putting on the breaks and catching each and all of the flack from stated libs? The Republicans and Tea occasion reps! all people quite looking at?!!

• dlk

You are right on in your comments!!!! I believe they ALL are to blame if you want to be honest. Do not forget the elections for your Congreemen and Senators, they are very very important, especially these days. We MUST vote in those that will do good for "We the People".

I think we do that too.