Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

How do you get rid of pop-ups on your computer ..altogether ? ...?

i have had these pop-ups on my computer for ages now and i didnt have them at the start .

so i want to know how do i get rid of these ?

because it jst does it by itself . and its all advertisements for stuff ?

............... help me please ?

=) .xo

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

if these are general wesite pop-ups, installing a pop-up blocker (would recommend google toolbar) should be enough. If these pop-ups come up even when you are not connected to net, then i guess you would have to run some spyware removal program..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Download eScan antivirus. It has features like pop-up blocker, antivirus, anti spyware, spam blocker etc.

Try the 30 days free trial version:

http://www.mwti.net/products/escan/escan_iss/escan...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

depends if its a virus popups or just popups . all u have to do with the normal ones are put on the popup blocker and tht will sort it out if not then u have to scan ur computer for a virus

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

these are pop ups caused not by the internet itself but by spyware that you have picked up..... download yourself a good spyware killer, either a free one like AVG Anti Spyware, or purchase a good one...... these will probably flag up a couple of spyware programs that are lurking on your system...and hopefully remove them.... on top of that i would reccomend uninstalling any of the common "search" toolbars that are prevalent these days, google toolbar, yahoo toolbar etc etc..they are a waste of time and allow security access for pop ups....if you have them... finally download ccleaner and run it to remove all your internet history etc, any temp files, and also to scan your registry and remove erroneous reg keys that will be caling for any recently removed software.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

well go to settings of your web browser and find the pop up menu and click not to allow pop ups or to block it.

if you are using mozilla firefox then go to www.mozilla.com and download pop up blocker.

Source(s): experience
  • 1 decade ago

Click on tools, then click on internet options, then privacy and where it says ''pop ups'' or whatever then click on that and set the strength.

• 1 decade ago

This is called ad-ware, and is sometimes hard to get rid of. Most if not all virus scanners anymore have something to get rid of this in them. go to http://www.download.com and find a free adware scanner and it should help you get rid of it all.

• 1 decade ago

i think there is like this option, and it will pop up on your screen and it ask if you want to stop the advertisement, but im not sure, sorry.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

tools - pop up blocker - turn off.

• 1 decade ago

Try (ie7pro) The best that i know of.

www.ie7pro.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.