Where can I get green beer?

St. Patty's day is coming. Where do I go to get some green beer? Haha. Help me out here... no idea where to find it. And how is it available? 6 packs? Kegs even? Let me know... thanks!

Favorite Answer

You can special order a keg of green beer from a liquor store, but you can't get it in bottles or cans. Wholesalers pump food coloring into the beer for St. Patty's Day and sell the kegs to bars, etc.

I would act now, though... you've only got a couple of weeks, and the wholesalers need to take pre-orders so they know how much food coloring to have on hand.

You can also do it yourself by the glass, if you prefer. As others said, simply buy green food coloring and add a drop or so per glass.

Cheers!

Source(s): 10+ yrs in the beer business. (I actually helped dye the kegs one year.) Lifelong Beer Advocate... Drink Better Beer!

I think I've seen some stores sell Miller Lite that already has the green coloring, but other than that it's what the first guy said ... just get whatever beer you like and ration out a couple drops of green food coloring per glass.

I have seen some at this time of year, but I always make my own. That way I get the beer we like and the food coloring turns it green. If it's for guests, buy a tapper and serve them "green draft" beers.

• Velia

Adding a few drops of food coloring will turn beer green and it can also be used for the kiddo's milk, so they have a "special" St. Pat's drink too! Yes, my kids wore green as we are of Irish heritage and celebrate!! Having a green car helps, but you can't wear it! And, if you are of Irish heritage and don't "wear" green today ... beware of being pinched!

• koiboy

If you want to make your own, just put a couple drops of green food coloring in your beer. It's tasteless and will bring out the Irish in everyone. You can find some in your local supermarket....probably in the baking section.

Most pubs just put a few drops of food colouring into whatever beer they decided should be the green beer. and charge a buck less than normal. If you are lucky they will pick a your favorite brand.

Source(s): seen the bottles pf food colouring behind the bar.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Where can I get green beer?

Source(s): green beer: https://biturl.im/9iyOq

A little green food coloring goes a long way. Might turn your teeth green, so don't smile too much.

Source(s): Laughing at the thought of green teeth

I don’t know where u can buy green beer, but I know you can make your own green beer. You can find most of the information from http://green-beer.blogspot.com/

I don't think they actually sell green beer. I think people just make it themselves. (with food coloring)