H V asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

what is the youngest age a woman can reach menopause...?

i have only had 2 days of flow in the last 6months

i am 19. 20 in may could i be going through menopause?

they havnt found anything abnormal other then low b12 in my blood work

i am on 40mg celexa - dpression and 25 mg of seroquil for insomnia

i was on the pill from gr 9 till april last yr so almost 5 yrs. when i went of it was normal from may - august then it jsut stopped

i eat, but i do go a day or 2 without eating just bc i forget or am to busy or jsut dont feel well.

i jsutr had more blood tests taken this week - waiting for results

Favorite Answer

There has to be some serious medical issues, some that should have been found before now, for it to be menopause. I think mid 30's is about the earliest for a relatively healthy woman, obliviously there is something wrong because of the early timing. But I highly doubt it's menopause. Maybe you should talk to your doctor about the pill. I'd have 40 some odd day cycles and when I did get a period it was so light it was just spotting and only lasted for a day or two. After I've been on the pill things have gotten so much better and I don't feel like I'm going to beat someone up (my hormones would make me get really mad, sad, or happy, usually all within a 3 sec. period of each other) and I know when the little bugger is coming. Or possibly get a second opinion. If your doc's anything like mine they refuse to do anything much without you threatening to change doc's. ( If he wasn't good once he got his butt in gear I probably would change permanently.)

Good Luck

well the first question i will ask back at you is are you eating alot? a lack of food especially protein can halt menstration. next you have to absolutly weigh more than 110lbs to menstrate. if you are particularly muscular or are a fitness freak the lack of essential fat in your bady will halt the process. if your on birth control pills patches or shots these can all cause your periiod to become erratic and start and stop at any time. hope i helped

It will depend on the lady. Alot of my mothers peers began of their early 50s. Some ladies, have began of their 30s. You quite can not supply a correct age for that, it occurs at one-of-a-kind instances.

It's not likely, but possible. The doctors can tell by your labs if you are or are not menopausal.

the meds could be affecting ur period.have you seen your doctor about it? that'd be a good idea