Has anyone out there ever tried using a quege board (I dont know how to spell it)?

If so, has it worked at all, tell me about your experiance, I am curious to hear if anyone has any "legit" experiances

ERI--

Ya, I totally agree with you and dont believe in it at all. I just want to know if anyone has ever had any fun experiances, is it worth spending $20.00 on to play with some friends if we are bored? Or is it just a waste of time?

what i mean by "legit" is having the ideomotor effect take place with you and your friends and having some spooky words spelled out, not just having someone in the group intentionally move the piece to spell stuff out.

ANYAROSE--

There is prob nothing funnier or nothing that makes a person look worse then someone like you that gives someone a hard time about spelling but then goes and makes a spelling error themselves. Nice work, you need to work on your spelling as well. If I go and see a physic, will I get better at science? Will I learn equations or that H20 is water? I guess I could go talk to a psychic instead and I might get a little more information that has to do with my question, huh?? Thanks though.

• eri
    Favorite Answer

I did, when I was a kid. We didn't have a clue what it was supposed to do, and of course it didn't do anything as a result. We got bored and played monopoly instead.

It's a piece of cardboard. It is not a portal to hell. The planchette moves because of the ideomotor effect - you're moving it yourself, whether you realize it or not. This is easily demonstrated, and has been many times. Sorry, you'll probably get a lot of scare stories, and people who will try to warn you off, but it's all superstition.

• I don't believe a $20 one from a department store is anything bad. Usually the ones you hear about people having geniune bad experiences with are the true Ouija boards, and that's just not something you're gonna find in Spencer's, Wal-Mart, or anywhere like that. The cheapy ones are nothing more than a trick of your own mind, causing you to move the planchette without knowing it. I also feel like no matter what kind of board you are using, if you don't believe in it, nothing's going to happen.

It could be a fun thing to play around with one night with a group of friends though. Might be fun to scare a few buddies with it!

Hi Spartan MK,

Yes, I have had experiences with ouija boards, and not good ones. My mother had one when she was in college, and always got good results and premonitions. She got me one when I was 7. My best friend and I started to use it, and I still think to this day (Im 24 now) that we opened up some can of worms that shouldn't have been opened. That thing used to tell us the scariest ****, that he (he called himself "Q") was going to drowned us, and he was sexually explicit, saying dirty things to us, he'd tell us he was sitting right next to us on the bed. It was so scary. We tried different expirements with it over the years and found we could just use a piece of paper with the letters and numbers on it and a hair tie, and it would work just the same. We could take a hair tie, or a piece of paper with a hole in it on our bed, or on the floor, and it would move to the spots where the letters would be if we had the board under it. The thing you hold on to (oracle?) It would fly out of our hand sometimes, it would spin in circles SUPERfast. It never gave us good news, only horrible bad things. And it seemed that we were followed around for a long time after we decided we didn't want to use it anymore by negative energy. I say STAY away from it, I don't understand it, I don't know if anyone does, but reputable pychics say to never use them, and I understand that part, because whatever it is, it is not good. I used to be able to use it by myself, with no one else touching it, it would literally pull my arms in the direction it wanted to go so fast my fingers would almost slip off of it. I put a lipstick tube upside down in the middle of the oracle thing on a mirror once, and it started 'drawing' the scariest **** ever, like it was trying to draw 5 pointed stars, and scribbley handwriting. I don't quite believe in 'evil', but it's certainly not anything pure, or safe, or from god. It's downright scary. You don't even need the board, or the oracle, just a smooth surface, and something that slides easy. I think that's almost scarier. My mom though, she had a spirit that called itself Love Potion #9 (or just #9), and it was nice to her, and told her that her friends were going to get married (which they did years later), that she was going to meet a wealthy man and marry him (which she did), there's all sorts of stuff that she experienced with it, not of it bad, which is why she ever got one for me in the first place. I don't know what the difference was, but I will never touch one again.

P.S. Spell check isn't working, so sorry for any typo's,

Teenabeena

Source(s): Very Personal Experience

If you can't even spell you can't even begin to understand it. It can be moved by dumb people who don't take it seriously and it can also be moved by something else. As too what someone else said evil spirits can hurt you and they will if you let them. Go to a physic or a spiritual store and ask about them, they will tell you not to mess with them. Those boards are for people who now what there doing and know how to deal with the consequences. Don't think for one minute just because you don't believe in them nothing can happen, because they believe in you.

We made our own one, cut out all the letters of the alphabet and 'yes' and 'no'. Placed these in a circle on a coffee table. Had an upside down wine glass which we all put a finger on.

Dimmed lights, lit candles, spooky atmosphere.

The glass actually moved across the table! We asked if any spirits were there and where they were from it spelled out H.....E......L..... we were so scared! But it finished the word with some nonsense letters like VBX.

Of course I know now that we were subconsciously pushing the glass along, and I doubt if it would work for me at all now since I don't believe in any of that stuff.

But it was fun to scare ourselves silly. So go for it!

i'm not one to believe in ghosts and their ability to haunt us but when you are in a room of 5 people and only 4 of you are using the board, the 5th disconnected person wordlessly asks a question (as we would do to bring more energy into the board) and she gets an answer that makes her start to cry out loud, you have to take pause at it. this was about twelve years ago and we had a real board made of ebony and inlayed with poplar letters as well as an oak planchette with a crystal window. we were however skilled and practiced at using such devices and no further consequences followed. i have followed the teachings of ancient paganism for almost twenty years, though less and less as i get older and have less need for such survival tools, and i have to say this wasn't even remotely the weirdest thing to happen to me. i just wanted to share this story because you asked about it and i love to share my life experiences with others. i have nothing to prove, i don't care if you believe me, i having nothing to lose or gain, but take it from me if you plan on doing this. first smudge your entire house with sage, light white candles around the vicinity, learn to cast a circle, use 4 people plus a 5th to be a medium of protection (they should not touch the board) encircle your layout with salt and if one of your 'spirits' goes by the name of Malachai (or any variation in spelling), shut down and bury the damn thing in fertile soil for one full lunar cycle. if you follow these basic rules you can fully enjoy the art of Ouija without too much trouble. if you really get into it, use stones of different colors and sometimes the marriaging of tarot or runes makes for some interesting otherworldly conversations. you can even invoke some for self betterment or if you are just curious what its like to get posessed by some sick demons. have fun and good luck!!

For all these people telling you to leave the board alone they are evil, or not a toy. No one ever listens until they have there own story. So all I will say is be careful..and never free anything from the board they are there for a reason.

It's spelled Ouija, in case you wondered, and I agree, you should stay away from those. Yes, they can work, and when they do, you open a portal to the other side. The problem is knowing how to control what comes through, how to tell a real nice spirit from one whose simply trying to trick you into talking to it, knowing how to properly close the portal when you're finished. You see what I mean? This should not be used by inexperienced people who just want to "see if ghosts are real." Because the truth is, dark spirits can't really hurt you, but they can make your life a living hell. I have been warned away from them by my spirit guides.

EDIT: Misslady's experience is EXACTLY why you should NOT Mess with these boards. I'm so sorry you went through that, misslady. I've had that done to me before, he didn't come from a ouija board though. I'm only just now able to sleep comfortably in my bedroom, thanks in huge part by my angels.

First of all, it's spelled Ouija. Pronounced WEE_GEE but is Ouija. They are not the best things to tamper with. I was in Boston, in a hotel and I was playing with one...my mistake. I didn't disposed of it properly, and later that night, a speaker almost fell on me--something I had checked the DAY BEFORE.

I was super POed, so I cleansed the room myself. The maids were wondering why herbs were all over the carpet. :3

Source(s): >>

Not something to play with.

Demons are real.

Satan is real.

The Ouija board is a portal, and it isn't a toy.

One of the things about new Christians, one question typically asked, is about use of Oujia boards, tarot cards, runes, palmstry, crystal balls, etc. They aren't something to mess with. They have to be considered dangerous because of the Occult nature.

I would advise that you stay away.

NOT A TOY.