Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 decade ago

H&R Block fees?

Hi does anyone know how much H&R Block charges to do your taxes?

I actually never filed last year... I have several W2s and a couple of 1099s for 2006 and 2007...

Best Answer

Actually, I work at H&R Block, and the fee for a basic return is $77, doesn't matter what time of year you file, we don't change our rates during the season. The price goes up for any additional forms we have to fill out for you. The price has nothing to do with the complexity of the return.

• They are very expensive. they filled my taxes on 02/2016 and they charged me 247$. it took them 20 minutes to file. that s insane. i will never ever use them again

H&r Block Fees

H And R Block Fees

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avkro

You got off really cheap! I have complicated taxes, so I usually end up paying over $1,000 for tax preparations. You had to pay a filing fee for federal, the first state, the second state, the first city and the second city. It makes sense that your bill was $300, especially if you had deductions you had to itemize

Outrageous! I am being charged $1500 but the agent cut it in 1/2..$750.. and as of today they are still not finished..4-17-2015. I have done my own taxes fro the past 17 years. I am retired with SS & sm. pension. !!

Investments under $30 K. And I live in the low rent state of AR. Do I have any recourse.

Depends on how complicated your return is and where you are filing. Prices are not the same in all locations (NY City are the highest).

Also, it depends on when you file. All the tax prep companies charge more during the busy times (late Jan to early Feb) and April.

The base rate is generally $100 for a simple return and it goes up from there.

• Steve

If you do go to H&R Block, just have them file the tax form electronically and use direct deposit. Whatever you do, DO NOT ACCEPT ANY PRODUCT WHERE YOU CAN GET YOUR REFUND WHEN YOU LEAVE THE OFFICE.

You should have your money in about 2 weeks.

Too much. I filed jointly and did the rapid refund. Total 260.00 next year I will go a different route.

Starting at $60 (fed 1040EZ) and goes up depending on the complexity of your return and number of forms used.

If you are not required to file - $35

They are very expensive. they filled my taxes on 02/2016 and they charged me 247$. it took them 20 minutes to file. that s insane. i will never ever use them again