What are granny panties?

So boyfriend always calls my underwear granny panties even if there not... what do you guys think granny panties are because i need to prove him wrong... he says granny panties are any underwear that cover your butt... but i tell him that its underwear that sags and sits up by your belly button.... what do you think?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Danica
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

So...string bikinis...low rider boy shorts...are all considered granny panties!! I think not!! Tell you BF to wear a thong all day in jeans and see how comnfortable he is!! You're right. Granny panties are for girls what tightie whities are for boys!!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

RE:

What are granny panties?

So boyfriend always calls my underwear granny panties even if there not... what do you guys think granny panties are because i need to prove him wrong... he says granny panties are any underwear that cover your butt... but i tell him that its underwear that sags and sits up by your belly button.......

• 3 years ago

Granny Pannies

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your definition is what I think of as granny panties. He must see you in thongs or bikini panties and think of them as "normal panties" so anything that actually has full coverage in the seat are granny panties to him.

Grannies are the ones that sag, are pulled really high and I always picture them as an off-white color :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

My friend and I have had this discussion, and just recently! I only wear thong underwear because I think they are more comfortable and I think panty lines are awful. My friend wears the string bikini-cut underwear for comfort, which is fine for her. Her husband calls "granny panties" the Hanes-Her-Way white underwear that are dubbed "hi-cut," "briefs," or "hipsters". There are also the option of the boyshorts (which I can't stand) and the boxers (which are so unsexy, it's ridiculous). So in short, granny panties are the ones that come up to your belly button and cover more than most of the bottoms sold as shorts these days. Check out this website to see what you think is cute:

http://www.hanes.com/Hanes/catalog/category.aspx

Underwear should make YOU feel sexy! It's like a little secret you carry with you all day long. If your boyfriend thinks your undies aren't sexy but you feel cute in them, oh well. Just remember that we're sexier with clothes on than they are without :-D

• 1 decade ago

You're right. If they go up to your belly button, or cover your entire rear and then some, they're granny panties. And if they're 100% cotton, have a horrid floral print and have the ugly elastic band up top...they're the worst kind of granny panties!

P.S. I think that's his goofy guy way of telling you that he'd like to see you in something sexier.

• 1 decade ago

Granny panties are BIG underwear, like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e4/Colo...

Bikini style underwear still covers your butt and I would be terrified if I saw an old woman wearing it. Victoria's Secret carries a lot of "butt underwear" that isn't granny.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodpri/V27...

• 1 decade ago

I think you are correct. Underwear that covers your but can be sexy too! Go check out Vic's Secret. Granny panties ARE whn they sag and ride crazy up. If you have a pair that are cute, ask him if his gram would wear them. :D

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you both are right. "Granny Panties" cover the entire butt and they do sit up by your belly button.

You definitly should stay away from them. If you dont like wearing thongs they have some really cute boy shorts that work just as well..

• 4 years ago

Any panties made out of cotton.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.