Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do you need a "regular" vacuum if you have a "deep cleaner"?

(Can the deep cleaner be used without the water as a regular vacuum?)

Any thoughts on the following vacuums? I have a dog that sheds A LOT.

Dirt Devil Reaction All-Surface Cyclonic; Bissell ProHeat Turbo; Bissll ProHeat 2X; Bissell Lift-Off Pet; Hoover Mach 5 Multi-Chamber Cyclonic; Hoover WindTunnel Deluxe Dirt Finder; Hoover Empower; Hoover WindTunnel Supreme; Eureka Capture w/ Spinduster; Eureka Boss Capture Plus; Eureka Boss 4D SpinDuster; Eureka Boss 4D; Eureka Boss SmartVac Ultra HEPA Deluxe; Eureka Boss SmartVac Ultra HEPA

Favorite Answer

I think deep cleaners are designed to work with water and NOT used as an EVERYDAY vacuum....

I would think that you would want a regular heavy duty vacuum to use on a daily basis...Especially, if you have a dog that sheds A LOT !

If you are looking for "ratings" and "opinions" of good/great vacuums try looking on epinions.com there they have TONS of opinions from regular people on all kinds of products/services.. That might help you MORE than Y/A !

*I've owned acouple dirt devils in the past and I think they SUCK and not in a good way....

Although, I don't see it listed- I have a HOOVER SAVVY it retails for around $200 and I absolutely LOVE it...

*It's an upright bagless

*Has onboard attachements for furniture,curtains,whatever, an extention wand and crevase tool

*It has 3 carpet level selections for high, med, and low pile carpet..

*It has a "push" assistance so it's not heavy/hard to push

*It has a HEPA filter and an small little (?) filter

*Wide width head with rotating brush/light

*It has carpet/bare floors switch

*The service center is close to my house

However, the only thing(s) that I DO NOT like are:

*The cord is short so I use it with an extention- prob. solved

*The bagless feature can be messy- so I empty outside OR in the garage

*I've had to have it repaired....- I got the extended service warranty so for an extra 3 yrs. coverage ($100) it's worth it ! I have an annual clean/check every 6 mnths. I just make up something is wrong and I get an almost brand new vacuum back !

*The filter(s) are EXPENSIVE if you buy them from an authorized HOOVER dealer they are around $40 for just the HEPA which can be replaced about every 2 yrs.... OR get them both for around $35 from AMAZON.com !

Grab a recent CONSUMER REPORTS they usually have a pretty good vacuum ratings system... OH about 4 yrs. ago the HOOVER SAVVY rated as GOOD or BETTER than the DYSON....

Good luck

We can't all be blessed or it wouldn't be a blessing. I'll think about the poor souls who missed out during my next mind-blowing episode. Maybe. Wouldn't it be good if there was a testing system, like for master mechanics, or the BAR exam for lawyers? We could all go and be tested, and if we passed the test we would be a 'Certified Cosmically Mind-Blowing Lover'. We'd get a certificate to hang on our bedroom wall, and an ID card that would get us in exclusive clubs and provide other fringe benefits. Life would be gooooood.

Ya sabía la calidad de los aspiradores así que no ha sido difícil decidirme de donde comprarme un aspirador de mano, he encontrado el producto perfecto a un precio perfecto, el aspirador lo uso tanto en la casa, en los lugares pequeños como también en el coche porque tiene una buena autonomía y una buena poder de succión.

• Mary G

Yes... you need a regular vacuum cleaner.... Get the best one you can afford. I love my Dyson, and have never regretted it...

hoover windtunnel surpreme.