Do Tattoo places welcome "walk in"s or is an appointment necessary?

Also, How long would it take to get a tattoo that is approximately the size of a penny and contains NO color.

Last question: Any idea of the cost?

Favorite Answer

walkins are always welcome at tattoo shops. if you get custom work you will most likely have to set up an appointment. but the reason they have more than 1 artist in a shop is to cover walkins also

a Penny sized tattoo would only take afew min.s

Most shops do take walk-ins if a tattoo artist is available. With the size of the tattoo that you are interested in it is likely that you would be able to walk-in to a shop and get tattooed immediately (or after a short wait).

Keep in mind that if you will be going to a shop that is well known, or if you plan to go on the weekend when everyone else has the same idea as you, there is a good chance that there will not be a tattoo artist available.

It would really stink to arrive at the shop totally psyched to get your tattoo, and then find out that there is not an tattoo artist available at that time. I would recommend making an appointment, or at least calling the shop prior to your arrival to verify the availability of the tattoo artist.

The piece that you have described should not take more than 30 minutes (including prep time). Most shops charge by the hour, and have a minimum charge that is applied if the tattoo takes less than an hour. The minimum fee at my shop is $50.00 for black and $60.00 for color. I hope this helps.

How long will it take to get something that small? it all depends on the artist, some are slow some are fast, just because its a small tattoo doesnt mean you will be in and out in 2 minutes.

Artist like to work by appointments for the simple reason that they have time to get set up and have stencil and everything ready for when the appointment arrives.

Walkings means half of the time u dont know what your getting, and the artist has to redraw what ever your getting and or do a custom drawing for you and all that takes time, There not machines they need there time to draw something and have stuff ready for the client. So a lot of tattoo shops dont like walk ins at all

The cost depends on the shop minimum. Some of the better shops have a high minimum just because of all the set up involved and use of the the instruments.

I would make an appointment, because as someone else said, sometimes they only take walk ins when business is slow.

The tattoo you have in mind would take no more than like a half hour, for an experienced tattoo artist.

• bethke

Walk In Tattoo Shops

Most tattoo place will accept walk ins.... I know where I live they do, but if they are busy they will set up a time for you to go back. How much detail is there? That small should not take that long even with detail I would say 1/2 to 45 minutes at the most, and the cost depends on the place... a lot of places have one price for little things and they go by the time too. I would say anywhere from $45 to $65

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Last question: Any idea of the cost?

Source(s): tattoo places quot walk quot appointment necessary: https://tr.im/hPoLI

Depends on the place.

More serious shops do not accept walk ins. (1) they are booked out for some time (2) they don't want you to do a irrational act that you gonna repent.

I'd visit the shop in advance anyways. To see how the tatooist works. And very important: make him use gloves and new needles!

Black pennysized tatoos can be made in 10-? minutes, depends on the complexity.

No, most places don't require appointments. I went with a friend one night to get his done and we just walked right in. About the cost, it's going to be around $40 and up.

I would make an appointment so that you dont have to wait....it will probably take at the max 30 mins and thats including sitting down with the artist and discussing placement and art work. I would say the cost would be under 50, maybe closer to 30 but it depends on the artist...good luck...I want another one so bad and can't wait to get it!!!