Is it possible to raise the driver's seat in a 2000 Jeep Wrangler?

I had a 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara and the driver's seat was raised. I bought it used and had no idea how to raise or lower it. So, now i just bought a 2000 Sahara and the seat is lower, probably the way it comes stock. Is it possible to raise and how?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You are confusing me.

But all i understood is that i think the answer is with you that it is possible.

or you can remove the seat and fit it all again by welding it.

• BlueXJ
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yes of course you can. Seat risers are available through several different manufacturers and through Jeep suppliers as mentioned but you can do it yourself with a few short pieces of scrap metal to raise the seat up as high as you need it to be able to see safely. I have done this on a friends YJ a few years back because she couldn't see well and it was still on the Jeep when she sold it.

I used square tubing 1.5 inches square I think. It was thick walled as I recall, and I also used longer bolts. All of this is available at Lowes or Home Depot,

Hope this helps. Just be safe in your Jeep.

Source(s): Own or have owned several different Jeeps.
  • 1 decade ago

We did this for my cousin when he put an amp under his seat.

Go to Home Depot and buy some nylon washers, hard plastic type. Take off the existing seat and put these washers on the seat bracket/bolts in between the seat and floor board.

• 1 decade ago

I would use Metal washers (not plastic, metal is stronger) make sure you get some longer bolts.

- use 8 to 10 I would not go any higher

- get longer bolts

- don't forget locktight (Blue kind not Red)

your also going to need to pieces of metal tubing on the sides so the seat does not bend or warp over the years or weight. One on each side in between the bolts.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes it's possible you mount something under the seat bracket in order to lift it up.

• 1 decade ago

yes 4wd hardware makes seat risers they go under the mounts of the seat they are about thirty dollars a set

• frank
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

see fourwheelparts.com or quadratec.com. they make special lifter brackets for the wrangler.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.