Losing a few pounds?!?

I want to lose the few pounds which I put on over xmas, the problem area is my tummy!!

I was just wondering what are the best types of foods to eat so that I can lose wait and what daily calorie intake should be I aiming for so that I can shift these extra pounds!!

I am 5'10", if that helps

• Simmo
    Best Answer

best foods - fresh organic fruits and veggies

daily calories - around 1200 until youve lost the weight

Those people that are telling you to ever eat any less than 1500 calories should honestly be told off. Not only is it unhealthy, but you will feel awful, most likely binge after a few days of anything lower than that, and even if you lose it and start eating normally again, you will probably put it on again. All women or men should be on a minimum of 1,500 calories a day. To lose weight healthily, you should lose about 1 to 2 lbs a week, no more than that (that's 1/2 kg. to 1 kg. a week). If you are losing more, you should increase your calories by about 200.

I am an athlete and also have taken all the courses in nutrition and sports science. Eating right should be a way of life, not a diet or a chore. You should have fruits or vegetables with every meal - you shouldn't worry about calories from fruits or vegetables because there are virtually none in them (unless you're frying or deep fat frying stuff).

A nutritious cereal or oatmeal with fruit is great in the mornings. Lunch could consist of a sandwich (lean meat, no butter, low fat mayo) and vegetable soup.

Snacks could be yoghurt and a piece of fruit, a small protein bar (if you are exercising at lunch).

Dinner - a nice lean meat no bigger than the palm of your hand and 1/2 inch thick with some vegetables and fruits and a little bit of carb - two potato croquettes or just a small amount of mash.

You should eat every 2 to 3 hours, even if you aren't hungry. This stops you from binging as well. If you need sweets, try a "Count on Us" dessert if you're dying for it, or do like I do and get an acquired taste to dark chocolate (70%) - a couple of squares does the trick.

You should ideally be exercising 3 times a week - I don't mean just walking (unless you are incredibly overweight) or just yoga. This should be a solid run, cycle, circuit training, a tough martial art, or climbing. Mix in a weights routine 1 to 2 times a week and you're set.

If you do intense exercise (i mean a run or a kickboxing class or climbing) for over an hour, up your calorie intake by 200 calories or so, depending on the workout.

As fat as what you can eat.... i'd say:

any type of veggies

fruits

whole grain products

fish, tuna

lots of water

chicken grilled or baked (source of protein)

Just remember... 'IF IT'S WHITE IT ISN'T RIGHT"

stuff such as potatoes, rice, pastas, flour, sugar... etc is not good for you... look for whole grain items as a subsitute for all of it...

As far as your calorie intake, it really depends on your height weight and how much u already consume a day... but usually your suppose to have about 2000 calories a day so, what you should do is consume 1500-1700 rather then the 2000... once u drop the calorie intake, watch what you eat (cause thats what the tummy weight mostly happens from) and exercise... the weight should drop.... good luck

Your exercise is not enough. I know we hear a lot of talk about how keeping the heart rate up for 20 minutes is good, but that information is directed at older people, not you or I. They're talking about heart health, not weight management or weight loss. There's no surprise that you haven't lost any weight. The kind of cardio you need, be it treadmill or aerobics is 45 minutes non-stop (at least), 3 - 4 times a week. Shoot for a heart rate of 140ish. Remember, it's not just how many calories you eat, it's what kind of calories you eat. Stay off the dairy and the grains (use potatoes for carbohydrates). Please don't listen to the people here telling you to cut calories, your number of calories is fine. Go for foods that are high in mono- and polyunsaturated fats (avocados, almonds, olive oil, dark chocolate).

Well don't do those drinking things that say loose weight fast! I'm 11 and I'm not sure but I would eat lots of fruits and vegetables and exercise for at least 10 - 15 minutes a day it really helps and i hope (know) your willing to try?

The two things to do to lose weight is excercise and eat healthily. Eat vegetables and fruits daily. These will help make you feel better. Only eat when you're hungry. Not when it's time to eat. Try drinking water when you're hungry. MAybe that will satisfy you long enough to stop you stuffing yourself. Also, when eating, eat slow and take time to chew your food. This will help you to feel full longer. When you're really hungry for snacks or desert try eating youghurt.

Excercise 25-30mins daily. This should help boost your energy. Make sure to get your blood circulation (and your butt) moving. If you don't like boring sports like jogging try sports like volleyballl or basket ball. They'll get you more active, make you feel better and is way better for you.

Don't take those dietary supplements. They'll just make you waste your money and they drug you.

Source(s): K-Magazine Relative

well...ppl say that you should NEVER go below 1000 a day caus its unhealthy... BUT about 500-800 worked for me and i could even have a pig out once in a while to confuse metabolism.

or you could try negative calorie foods only and they arnt all horribl apples and lettuce and stuff, check it out.

but the thing thats most important is exercise doesnt matter how you do it caus you cant target areas to lose weight on your body (doh)

anyways hope that helped xx

All kind of green vegetables and fruit.

But i suggest you to eat banana (1 or 2) 10 minutes before lunch or dinner. You'll lose you hunger and don't want to eat your lunch anymore.

I tried this methods and i lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks, with exercise like sit ups also.

Hi friend... Weight loss, in the context of medicine or health or physical fitness, is a reduction of the total body weight, due to a mean loss of fluid, body fat or adipose tissue and/or lean mass, namely bone mineral deposits, muscle, tendon and other connective tissue.

• There is a workout tape called turbo jam that makes you lose pounds like crazy! Try to stay away from sweets to, and stay with what will help you stay with your diet.