I am trying a new recipe, green bell pepper stuffed with portobello mushrooms & tomato sauce. Should I serve?

The tomato sauce is mildly spiced.

I have Jasmine Rice, Basmati Rice, and Cous Cous on hand. Which is the best to serve with the pepper?

• ­
    Favorite Answer

Jasmine rice sounds absolutely wonderful. I'm coming to eat at your house, by the way.

I think even if the rice flavor didn't clash with the pepper, it would be drowned out by the tomato sauce, and those rices are kind of pricey. I'd go with cous cous.

I actually think I'd go with the cous cous. The other two have a fragrance that seems to fight a little in my mind with the aroma of the peppers. Sounds good though.

jasmine and basmati rice both have a flowery kind of taste so I think the cous cous would go much better with the pepper because cous cous has a more mellow, rustic, flavor.

Cous Cous but it all sounds delicious. YUM =D

If my girlfriend was a vegetarian I would feed her dolphin on my belly. But that's cuz I'm a devout carnivore. Try pasta, soup, salad or (if she's not completely strict) sushi. Lissa: Great call on Allrecipes, I use that site all the time.

• exsft

couscous. Rice does not really pair well with tomato based dishes/sauces

sorry I should say I prefer couscous as I am not too fond of rice and tomato dishes.. personal choice though

Take a look at this free ebook with 490 award winning recipes, maybe you can find what you're looking for in it.

anything, yum!!!