Nutrition Help?

Ok im 15 im pretty big about 5'11" 240 i play varsity football and i can bench around 250 .. what i wanna know is if nutrition plays any role in building muscle.. cause im my perspective all i see in helping build muscle is protein.... i rarely eat vegetables, fruit i know its not a good habbit, but i cant really seem to change my habbits unless i get advice from a trainer or someone with expierence with this kind of stuff... Thanks

Favorite Answer

YES....there is more to nutrition then just protein. Sure protein is important to build muscle but there are other things you should be eating/supplementing with too. If you are playing football one of your worst enemies is inflammation. Your body takes a beating during practice and during games. If you can reduce the amount of inflammation going on in your body you will recover from workouts faster and avoid injuries.

Some things you can eat/take that fight inflammation are Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil), eat lots of fruits and veggies for the anti-oxidants and maybe even supplement with something like Turmeric for it's anti-inflammatory properties.

If you are serious about athletics then nutrition plays a big role in how you feel and perform. Give some of these things a shot and see how you feel after a game.

My friend is a nutrients doctor, she s very professional in this career. I can introduce her to you if you want^^

cc_90123@hotmail.com