Is it possible for a non-Buddhist to achieve Nirvana?

I understand that for sure the answer to the question above is yes. As in it is possible for everyone to achieve Nirvana in another lifetime. Cause even if you have to be Buddhist to achieve Nirvana, you undoubtably have another chance to be Buddhist if Buddhism is correct. But can you achieve Nirvana as a... show more I understand that for sure the answer to the question above is yes. As in it is possible for everyone to achieve Nirvana in another lifetime. Cause even if you have to be Buddhist to achieve Nirvana, you undoubtably have another chance to be Buddhist if Buddhism is correct.

But can you achieve Nirvana as a non-Buddhist? Can a Christian monk achieve Nirvana by living a good life? What if he inadvertantly practices the majority of the teachings of Buddha? For example, he doesn't believe in harming any of God's creatures.