Does anybody here go to Early College High School?

hi i am an 8th grade student at arroyo seco jhs and i am in AVID and wondering what you think of ECHS i am thinking of appliying. Do you reccomend i do?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No one but you will know if you're ready for ECHS, but there are a few questions you can ask yourself to find out:

* Are you prepared to sacrifice some free time in high school so that you can be ahead in college? This may mean staying home and hitting the books rather than going out with friends..

* Are you able to manage your time and priorities well?

* Can you accept that if you make a "B" in college class that you take in High School that it will stay on your academic transcript for college?

* Are you comfortable handling more stress than other students your age?

* Are you interested in being challenged and being surrounded by other students who want to be challenged? (or, are you tired of the immature kids at school?)

If you can answer "yes" to all of these questions, then ECHS is probably right for you. If you can answer yes to at least 3 of them, then you might still be a good candidate, but you'll have to think long and hard about it.

Source(s): http://www.earlycolleges.org/overview.html i'm a school counselor.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

iu am thinking about applying as well

remember

ALOT OF HOMEWORK

you wont get the experience of "HS"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.