What does Pocahontas say...?

When John Smith is leaving & getting on the boat at the end? Doesn't she say wingato? Or something like that?

Favorite Answer

She says "wingapo" which means hello at an earlier point in the movie, and "ah-nah" which means goodbye. When he's about to leave, the exchange of conversation is this:

John Smith: "Come with me."

Pocahontas: "I'm needed here."

John Smith: "Then I'll stay with you."

Pocahontas: "No! You have to go back."

John Smith: "But I can't leave you."

Pocahontas: "You never will. No matter what happens, I'll always be with you, forever."

In the new version they sing a line each from "If I Never Knew You" sort of as a reprise, then kiss (the original version skips the singing and goes straight to the kiss) and then the Englishmen take John away on the boat to the ship which sails away, Pocahontas runs into the forest to the cliff overlooking the ocean and sees the ship sailing away, and as the wind (her mother's spirit) blows by her and propels the sails of the ship, she and John exchange the waving of the arm as they did earlier, but neither of them say anything, obviously, since they're too far apart to hear each other.

Source(s): I've been a diehard fan of this movie since it was first released, and I've got practically every line memorized!

She says Wingapo which means hello and then Anah which means goodbye.

Source(s): me