How can you successfully get through to California EDD without all the disconnecting crap? lol?

I lost my job and filed for unemployment...what a hellacious process...so much red tape....verification...yadi yadi ya. I have successfully filed with them through letters/faxes/and them calling me because trying to get through the phone is impossible. You'll get halfway through the automated service just for the operator to say "due to the number of calls"....lol. I am sooo frusturated cause I'm almost destitute and I need some money while I look for another job. I have a bunch of questions and I cant get through. Any ideas? any back numbers anyone knows about?

Favorite Answer

I had the same experience and they just don't take calls. They did respond to email via the website but it took a long time. Eventually everything was worked out but it was aggravating so hang in there.

I am willing to bet you could have gotten a BETTER job than the one you lost with LESS effort than you WAISTED trying to get unemployment.