John S
John S asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

Italian translation?

I found this graffiti spraypainted on a wall outside of Venice. There appears to be a Hammer and Sickle next to a red star on the side of these words "paolo d. libero ganzer boia!" Can anyone tell me what this means and what the significance is?

Favorite Answer

The Hammer + Sickle + Red star are all symbols related to some section of Communist extraparliamentars left formations and this graffiti is referred to one of its component (Paolo Dorigo) that had been arrested by the Sisde (the Italian secret service) chief which family's name is Ganzer.

The graffiti means "Set Paolo Dorigo free, Ganzer (is an) executioner (in the meaning of rascal)"

Source(s): I'm Italian- Here's a link to an Italian website from where I've got above info. http://www.paolodorigo.it/index2.html

i know it says Paul D. Free Ganzer Executioner. sorry buts thats all I know.