Suggestion for a station wagon/hatch back?

We are looking for a station wagon. I don't want to spend more than $8,000.

What I have seen so far in the 1998/99/2000 era

VW Passat Wagon

Audi A4 wagon

Subaru Outback

All seem to have very similar reviews - Audi is obviously a VW but fancier. But is it worth it?

Favorite Answer

It depends on how much you can afford to pay for maintenance and parts. Audis and VWs are much harder to work on and will jack up the labor cost for repairs. Subaru s are notorious for being reliable even after being doged in to the ground. Plus I would tend to think that you would get more car for your money with a Subaru because it costs much less brand new and VWs have the worst owner satisfaction ratings.

• rotus

If you really only need a hatchback, Check out the 2002-2003 Mazda Protege5. It has more passenger room than the A4 and about as much as the Passat and Outback. Hatch area will not be as big as any of the wagons you list. I had one and put almost 100k on it when it was stolen and totaled.

I would skip the Passat and the A4 Avant, I had an Audi TT and that was enough of VW/Audi group.

possibly you will desire to do a small "important course" Asian dish (the foodstuff community website has a great form of recipes to flick by way of), an appetizer station, and a dessert station (to compliment, yet no longer overpower the truthfully wedding ceremony cake). I went to a marriage with a mashed potato bar that became a extensive hit. They have been served in cocktail glasses and had certainly one of those cheeses, meats, and different chocolates to circulate on the potatoes. As for the dessert, i could propose some thing gentle, including fruit and diverse dipping sauces! good success!