:D asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 1 decade ago

how can i exercise my feet effectively to be ready for pointe?

hi. im 13 and i do ballet! i love it ! im doing pointe lessons but my feet are progressing really slow. i want a couple of effective exercises that will make my toes nice and straight; in other words ready for pointe! please give me any tips. links and pictures are welcome. HELP..XXX

p.s. im not on pointe yet =s

sorry i wrote it twice ^^^^^^^^^^

READ THE 2ND ONE

Favorite Answer

try: flat, up to demi-pointe, stay and down. repeat often.

in pointe shoes: one foot on pointe, one in coupe behind. plie and releve quickly holding the position. do it 8 times on the right leg, eight time in a releved first position and 8 times on the left leg. then 4 times, then 2 times. hold onto a barre for support until you are strong enough to only have two fingers, gradually move to no hands at all.

I do that almost evrery day and it has helped tremendously.

Source(s): half amillion years of ballet

If you have a theraband, stretch it over your flexed foot and slowly point it. The resistance of the rubber is like doing weight training with your foot muscles. Also, put your foot flat on the floor and without scrunching your toes, pull up the arch of your foot. You can really feel it after a few times.

And make sure your ankles are strong, especially if you also do tap - spelling out the alphabet with your toes in the air is quite good for this.

well, for pointe not only must your feet be strong, ur ankles have to be in the best shape possible. u must work exercises everyday!! A really affective exercise for the ankles is to simple put one foot in coupe and go up and down in in plie releves. Do it about sixty times on each foot, at the least. and wen u feel lyk ur about to totally crash and think u cant possibly do more... push urself to do five more. as a dancer u must be dedicated and disiplined! also, u must work ur toes. lay down a scarf on the floor, and grasp it with ur toes and scrunch it in. VERY good vidios that u must look at are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEACy8jt7Ko

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=bbDrJHItcEU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa-0NRMg8ZM

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Merde Darling!

love,

prima ballerina

I do ballet too...were getting ready for points and my dance teacher gave me a few exercises to help because I have weak ankles:

Wen ur wachin TV just go up on ur tip toes (not litrally, u noe like when u just wanna b taller) and do that for a while untill ur really stable

Then try doing it with ur eyes closed

then try doing it on 1 foot with ur eyes closed

it really helps !!!

Doing lots of little jumps in 1st or parrallel will strengthen the feet, but you must be careful to really go through the feet both in taking off and landing.

Just work your feet as hard as you can in ballet class and make sure you fully stretch your ankles and NEVER stickle. Do relaves, roll throughs, and rebounds at least once a week and your feet will get stronger.

Source(s): I'm 13, too, and have been on pointe for almost 2 years.