Arizona???

Going to Arizona in June and I was wondering, other than the obvious tourist attractions, if there was anything "off the beaten path," so to speak, that might be interesting to see?

• Shadow
    Favorite Answer

I like "unique" and I consider Arizona to be the "Australia of the U.S." Many states claim to have "it all", but I think Arizona comes the closest.

Wickenburg, Az. is a little frontier style town, northwest of Phoenix, that seems to be relatively untouched by time ....... kinda unique. Tucson used to be like that.

But there are scores of places like that, no matter where you base yourself at.

Lake Havasu City - water sports area

Flagstaff - Beautiful mountain area w/ skiing

Sedona - Picturesque mountain area steeped in folklore

Tombstone - With it's western history.

and on and on .......

And one last thing ......... Arizona sunsets are special.(maybe not in Phoenix, anymore, smog.) I don't know why and I know it sounds crazy or prejudice, but the Arizona sunsets fill a lot of postcards. So at least photographers agree with me.

Have a great time ......

Source(s): Experience