Don l asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

Was Che Guevara Good or Evil?

He left his home “Argentina”, his wealthy family, his career (doctor) in order to start a revolution for change in a mostly corrupt/broken Latin America which further expanded to countries over the world. Some people detest this man because of his role in assisting Fidel Castro in the Cuban revolution. I do not know much about this subject, and I would much appreciate some incite?

Update:

I meant to say insight...sorry

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I suggest you read "Che: A Revolutionary Life" by Jon Lee Anderson, if you want a good look at Che's life. It's an excellent book. You're not going to get a straight answer on here.

He was a man who stood up for what he believed in and that was the equality of all people. He worked to put an end to capitalist and imperialist systems that degraded humanity. He was also a loving father, who cared very deeply for his family as well as for the people around him.

Good and evil are, of course, relative terms. To the capitalist, Che is evil because he stood against the capitalist and demanded fair treatment for workers.

For people seeking a better life, he is good, a hero who worked for peoples' rights.

• Ciarnan4 years agoReport

He was also a racist, homophobic, murder, rapist, pro war communist. He wanted to ban rock music and alcohol. It is likely that he would have thrown all those edgy teens with t-shirts with his face on it in prison.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Was Che Guevara Good or Evil?

He left his home “Argentina”, his wealthy family, his career (doctor) in order to start a revolution for change in a mostly corrupt/broken Latin America which further expanded to countries over the world. Some people detest this man because of his role in assisting Fidel Castro in the Cuban...

Source(s): che guevara good evil: https://biturl.im/WRMPy
  • 1 decade ago

He has detractors and admirers - it really depends on which side of the political fence you are on and who you read - the old truism that one man's freedon fighter is another man's terrorist is certainly true of Che. I think the only practical way you can gain insight into the man behind the image and the political rhetoric is to go to the library and ask the librarian's help in finding a biography of Che that is free of polical bias in either direction. It is now nearly 50 yeas since Che was active so I am sure someone has written an objective account of his life.

He published his own book, 'Reminiscencies of the Cuban Revolutionary War' in 1968.

• Ellen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

—-> A NEW DEFINITION FOR “CHUTZPAH” When someone who supports the same country that nuked 2 cities and turned 250,000 people to dust … the same country that fire bombed Dresden and burned 150,000 women and child alive, the same country that killed 15 million Natives because they felt it was their ‘manifest destiny’ … the same country that enslaved millions of blacks … the same country whose CIA has killed 6 million people since 1950 (John Stockwell) … the same country that invaded Iraq which has caused 950,000 + deaths … Not to mention propped up the many brutal tyrants like Pinochet, Suharto, Marcos and Somoza … backed contra death squad movements through the School of the Americas … Pretends to be outraged by Che Guevara and the 200 or so War Criminals he had shot after revolutionary tribunals. PRICELESS

• Cody M2 years agoReport

CHUTZPAH- When psychopathic Communists try to hide the genocide and totalitarianism of their evil dogma by whining about the CIA.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Whether Che was good or evil depends pretty much on your politics.

Personally I believe that his intentions were good but his methods were not. However, the difficulty of separating my political views as a citizen of the USA from the subtle and difficult realities of Latin American politics makes my opinion only an opinion.

Likely it will take a long time to assess his real contributions to history. Neither his detractors and his followers are able to take an objective view.

BTW did you mean you wanted some "insight" i.e. a piece of information or the result of discernment or did you mean "incite" meaning to provoke or urge on?

• Linda
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw4YJ

Che was a blood soaked murderer.... who cares is he was a doctor, so was Josef Mengele.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.