Any Steve Earle fans out there?

It seems this question was recently asked in Country Music, but Steve Earle defies classification, so I'll ask the rockers. I think he is a hugely talented, vastly underappreciated singer, songwriter, and performer. Anyone else agree? If so, what's your favorite album?

For me, I'll go with "Exit O" pre-incarceration, and "I Feel Alright" post-incarceration. If you're familiar with his work, you know that these are 2 distinctly different careers for him.

Curious George - Nice to see you're also a fan. I don't like Country either, but I love Steve Earle and Johnny Cash. It's a shame when people confine them to that "Country Music Box". I saw Steve Earle perform with The Dukes a few years back and, believe me, there was nothing Country about it. They TORE it up!

Glad to have you, Darth. Believe it or not, Steve Earle loves to play here in Chicago. He did and acoustic show at a pub here in November that I actually won free tickets for. Just about peed myself.

Curious George - This is getting weird. I saw SRV in '86 andNeil Young is my favorite artist of all time, with Crazy Horse being my favorite band. Were we separated at birth?

Best Answer

YES, YES, YES.Hello friend!.

Steve Earle Is one of my top three all time 'musical hero's.

Yes he is beyond classification,I don't really like country but I love Steve Earle's music and the way the guy stands steadfast in his beliefs.

I have all his albums and agree with your choice of

'Exit O',probably one of his most 'complete' albums. I also loved 'Copperhead road'.

I hate to say it,because I love the guy, but I find some of his albums a little patchy,But will always buy everything he does because it's worth it for the one or two 'gems' that are always present. I'm thinking in particular of albums like 'The hard way', 'Transcendental blues', 'el corazon' etc etc.

I've seen him play live with 'The Dukes' and recently a solo acoustic show,I could just sit and watch that guy play forever.

Thanks for your question.

Steve Earle-by far my favourite American.

With a passion my friend,with a passion. Good to meet you.

HI Darth Maul.

Stevie B An SRV fan also Brilliant!. He's the second of my three 'musical' hero's The third being Neil Young.

Steve Earle Rules! He's huge here in Kentucky. And I agree 100% with Your assessment.

Fave Steve Earle Album: Guitar Town

Although I don't have any of his albums because I'm not really a country music fan, I like him because he is a great guitarist and I appreciate great guitarists no matter the genre of music.

I have listened to quite a few of his songs just for that reason.

Bonnie Raitt falls into the same category for me.

Yes - I like the harder "Copperhead Road" and also "Transcendental Blues". Then comes the classic "Guitar Town". He is one of the very few artists who plays country, rock, blues and bluegrass on a high level.

I can't claim fanship, or a favorite album, because I've only heard one song, but "Someday" hit a soft spot for me. It's a good song.

The only song I know is the excellent 'Copperhead Road' :)

Don't like him. Too country.

Steve Earle?????????

Who the fcuk is that lad!!