laplandfan asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Woman's question related to breast cysts?

I'd been getting pain under my armpit for 2 months. On my 3rd visit seeing a diffennt GP he stated he's found 3 cysts approx the size of a pea. He has referred me to breast clinic but assured me not to worry. Wonder why the other two doctors felt nothing???? Could it be that I am 2 days away from my period???

I am naturally frightened as i am cancer phobic (occupational hazzard as am a nurse and see lots of it in my job).

My question is have any of you ladies out there experienced breast cysts and had to be reffered and had them drained???

Favorite Answer

I know I'm not quite the feminine ideal of what you wanted, but my mother is also a nurse. She has had SEVERAL cysts on her breasts that have had to be removed and drained surgically.

I wouldn't worry unless the GP worries. Then you can worry about yourself. Other than that, they've seen enough cancer that they could tell you right away if there was something wrong.

i have a cyst on my breast its quite big but nothing has been done about it, i suffer with polycystic ovarys so cysts are common for me anyway. im not sure what they would do about it, maybe drain it but was scared me was incase they would cut it off i dont know if they would do that. i doubt its related to periods as ive had mine for almost 2 years and im 19. good luck.

they told my mother she had a cyst on her breast

then when she got referred they did more test and found out it was only a mass of tissue, nothing harmful

Yes and they are more common right around period time. I have fibrocystic breast disease and they are very common things and are nothing to worry about

being a health care professional yourself you should already know that these are not related to your menstrual cycle. you don't want these to harden and metastasize.

get this taken care of