Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

music while meditation?

I know that meditation supposed to be clearing our mind from any thoughts... just want to know whether we can listent o music while meditation.. or we are not allowed to ...?

Best Answer

"not allowed to"?!

Is someone forcing you to meditate?

some like it some find it distracting

there is no rule

look this up though you media player under Internet radio ,type in meditation and click on lucky 777 meditation.24 hour meditation music

http://luckysevenradio.com/

Source(s): OM

Yes of course you can but it needs to be something soothing and relaxing. If it is for you then you will eventually relax enough from the music to tune it out and proceed into your meditative thoughts.

Source(s): granny

Music helps me meditate. Use relaxing and calming music. I prefer to us instrumental music while meditating. God bless you child

If it helps then there is no reason not to. I occasionally listen to the instrumental tracks by Xasthur during meditation, something to it puts me in a trance.

if it helps you, by all means listen to music. There are no rules regarding meditation.

You can do it however you choose.

However, I would suggest absolute silence.

Check this site out: FHU.com

There is a very simple meditation technique there, it is very helpful.

if it helps you to relax then yes of course you should.

meditaion shouldn't be about a strict set of rules, but instead should be a more general clasification of being able to relax and get rid of the pressures of society which music helps to accomplish

You can, ambient is the best, it just makes the most sense, but there is no rule; whatever works for you. Personally, I listen to downloaded thunderstorm sounds.