Parents wont let me date?

im 16 and my parents wont let me date, or have a boyfriend, or anything. i understand where theyre coming from and i respect their opinions, but im having trouble at school. People are always getting on my case about not having a boyfriend, and trying to get me to go out with this one guy who likes me (i dont like him back, btw). anyways, rumors are starting to go around that im a lesbian because ive never had a boyfriend, but thats becuase im not allowed to have one! how can i get everyone off my case?

Best Answer

They are only on your case because your letting them get on your case. If you dont pay any attention to all that garbage, then its not a problem anymore. There are plenty of single highschoolers and they arent losers, geeks and/or nerds. They have their priorities straight and they are focusing on them...thats all. Afterall, having a boyfriend doesnt mean that you will have money. You have to work for money.

If your not going to ignore it, you can say that your waiting for somebody that you really like and tell them to mind their own business cuz relationships are a personal thing. You can also say that your not as caught up in that relationship stuff. Dont start a rumor about the person that started the rumor about you and/or dont go a start fights...neither accomplishes anything and one of them could be how you live the rest of your life. IGNORING IT IS BETTER.

btw...dont go out with that guy. You dont like him and the others that are trying to get you to go out with him arent affected. Only you are.

• leigh

When I was 15 people said the same things! My whole school thought I was a lesbian and I was totally NOT a lesbian!

Honestly, tell them to f*** off. You don't need to prove anything to anyone. And when you find someone who you REALLY like and want to go out with, go for it. Explain it to your parents in a mature and responsible way. Make sure they realize that you are going to be responsible. That's what I did. The first few days with the bf were odd... my mom was a little uncomfortable. Three years later, I think she's gotten over it and he's now a big part of our family lol.

And people STILL try to call me a lesbian. I think it's the fact that I'm the only girl in my class (college major is all guys... tech stuff). Go figure. You can't win!

You're 16 years old and you're going to start making your own decisions. Your parents shouldn't be holding you back from dating, but you also shouldn't try to get a boyfriend because everyone else has one or people are getting on your case about it. Get a boyfriend when when you find it to be the right time.

it's important to have thick skin in high school. rumors will float with whatever you do. unfortunately, there's not much you can do to stop it. never feel forced into a relationship (or out of one either). it's great that you respect your parent's opinions, but don't let that stop you from meeting a potentially great guy. obviously, don't start dating some random jackass just to get people off your back. do things on your own pace and forget about everyone else.

You need to stop worrying about what other people think - you shouldn't have to live your life to please others. Ask yourself if you want a boyfriend. If you actually do because you want a companion, then try talking to your parents, let them know where your coming from, and ask for a bit more freedom. If the only reason that you want a boyfriend is because of the people at school then I wouldn't bother...at the end of the day, who cares what they think? You have to be happy with your decisions in life, so just do what makes you feel like life is worth living.

My parents would not let me date either. If you do not want to go out with a guy then that is your choice. You know who you are and that's all that matters. Let everyone know that you are not allowed to date. Truth is even if you were to date you would have to sneak around and that takes the fun out of it. Be true to yourself and do what makes you happy. You have to honor your parents rules. Don't let someone pressure you into something that could get you in trouble.

<b>Well for one thing even if everyone started saying u were a lesbian at least you knew that you werent ! Right..?

Lol !

Umm well ur 16...my parents probally dont want me to date either but i take my own situations when i know i can handle them. And maybe you should just take everything as it comes, of course you know your not lesbian, and screw the **** faces that say crap lol, but its just one of those things that eventually a good solution comes a long

Dont worry too much about it.

Sit down with your parents, talk to them.

Tell them that you are not a little girl anymore & you would really like to date "Tom Smith" or something & that they would be able to meet them if they like. Also, I am not allowed to date, but I have had so many boyfriends & I am 14. Just do it behind their backs, pretend your meeting a girlfriend etc.

If you act immature, you aint got a chance girl, just smash whoever calls you a lesbian.

Follow your parents direction.......My 2 daughters were both rebellious and today are single mothers with five children from 4 different men...........Don't do it! Listen to your parents. My daughters love children, but have difficult burdens to carry for many years to come. What you do now is going to effect the rest of your life........Be carefull

well, i would just hook up with a guy that i like and not tell my parents. However, if you don't like any guys right now just say, i like being single because i dont have to worry about drama between bf and me. Also you can say that you need to focus on your studies so you can't manage to have a bf for now.