Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What the frick is a daroga?!?

In the novel Phantom of the Opera, Erik (The Opera Ghost) refers to The Persian as "daroga" multiple times. I presume it's a type of Persian Royalty... But what is a daroga really? I googled it and nothing of help came up!

Favorite Answer

yes exactly, Daroga means police chief.

If you read Susan Kay's Phantom it goes into more detail about "Daroga" whose name is really Nadir Khan and he is considered "royal" but noy because of his title, because of his last name, it is the same as the Shah-in-Shahs and he is related to the Shah somehow.

Erik is very fond of him and that is how he refers to him, kind of like teains him.

But Daroga is very important in Persia.

He does the Shah's bidding and goes on missions for him and is regaurded very highly.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What the frick is a daroga?!?

Source(s): frick daroga: https://shortly.im/7Ba10

The name "daroga", at least in Gaston Leroux's novel, is supposed to be a Persian title, equivalent to a police chief, head of secret police, head agent in charge of law enforcement, etc.

Not royalty, but an official of note. The Persian and Erik have a long history (and probably rivalry) together, dating to Erik's days as the wild-card advisor, creative architect and master of the nasty revels to the Persian royal family.

Daroga

• सबसे लम्बी समुद्धर तट रेखा किस राज्य में है

Does this frickin face look frickin popular to you? <<~~~~~ Thanks for the frickin interest.. I will think about giving a frickin star~~~~