Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Which position player should the World Champion NY Giants draft?

I say we should replace Gibril Wilson and James Butler in our secondary. The Giants are a decent secondary away from being one of the NFL's best defenses. Our D-line is so good I don't have to explain how good they are, you should just know. Our linebacking core is solid. I questioned Wilson's and Butler's skill and determination last season. I think we should draft a cornerback or a safety.

Best Answer

You just had to put "World Champion" in there, didn't ya?

I think they should try to keep Wilson, unless he wants too much, then let him go and draft a safety. I like Wilson, he is only 26, and has gotten better each year. Keep him if you can. Butler is not as talented, and had some mental lapses last year, but he was still learning the system. I wouldn't toss him out so quickly. I think the Giants should add more depth in the O-Line, especially at center. You can never have enough pass rushers, so if there is a good D-line guy available, go get them too. Maybe another DB. Other than that, the Giants are pretty solid, and just need to add depth.

The G-men should draft secondary, you're right. But saying our defense is a decent secondary away from being one of the best in the NFL is kinda silly. Most defenses in the NFL are one component away from being good, whether it be D-line, LBs or secondary.

The Giants are definetly not a deep enough team they can just draft best available, while they are "world champs" they still have issues going into next season.

• I think they should draft a Free Safety or get Ko Simpson from Buffalo hes good. But i agree 100% with you about replacing James and Gibril.

• None

We will get a Corner. Our safteys were both rookies, how much more do you want from them, sure Moss burned them in the last reg season game, but what happened in the bowl. You dont trade rookies, they are rookies.

ahaha i gotta show this to my bro; he practically worships Gibril.

um anyhow they are a fairly solid team, no specific needs. any problems they have could probably be solved during FA.

if i was them id just draft to fill the depth chart.

• parton

your partly accurate, the right time period should be league champions, after all we are speaking about the NFL (the nationwide football league) and not in any respect the international football league,football is extra of the international wide interest. and it to is evaluate as football, and it encompasses communities from international wide.

we need a good corner

btw get ready. Subway series Go Yankees

we definitely need a safety, Butler isn't fast enough

there is talks that they will trade the 32 pick to ATL for DeAngelo Hall.

I think they need a reciever cause they get hurt and are slackin off